Notices
Western Canada If you live in the British Columbia, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta, Yukon, North West Territories or Nunavut area of Canada and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

August Manitoba Run

Old 08-05-2010, 06:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bad news once again....i gotta work on saturday! so i wont be able to make it out again

this sucksss sorry guys! maybe i can meet up for the sunday run...id just need to know where to meet you yall!

how many other non jkers are gonna be out for the runn?

Last edited by kCed; 08-05-2010 at 06:45 PM.
Old 08-05-2010, 06:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mjolnir
If I'm not mistaken, you're in a TJ rubicon, as long as you have front and rear tow hooks and the factory skid plates and mufler haven't been removed you're pretty much good. If you have a tow strap, fire extinguisher, first aid kit it would be a good idea to bring it, but I don't think it'a absolutely necessary. Same goes for the rest of us!!!
I've got everything except factory skid plates...

ROKMAN armoured. lol

http://www.rokmen.com/tj_products/sk...mor_skids.html

Last edited by JeepBobWinnipeg; 08-05-2010 at 06:59 PM.
Old 08-06-2010, 06:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Has anyone heard if cam is going to make it out? How about jay and his submarine as well?
Old 08-07-2010, 08:01 PM
JK Freak

Sorry I have been absent, wife and I just got back from Banff. Good to see everything is nice and organized. Thanks Kurtis! (hope I spelled that right.)

I am going to be checking out and mapping hopefully the last of the trails this week. Get some good timings and such sent out sooner then later.

Wanted to let everyone know that some of the trails might be tight in some spots. The trees and such have grown, going to go see what I can move out of the way. Dont be worried about scratches or anything, I have been through pretty much everywhere we will be going witht the jeep, and I dont have anything major.

Good to see these numbers though!
Old 08-11-2010, 08:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

When a meet up place (and time) is posted, please post an address or cross streets, so I can find it on Google Maps. I am not at all familiar with Brandon.
Old 08-11-2010, 11:15 AM
JK Freak

Default Latest Update

So here is the game plan as of right now. A couple of the guys from WORE and I were talking about it last night and are thinking we start off with WOT on Saturday, that should take us a few hours at least, espically with the number that is expected to come out for Saturday. After that, depending on the time, moving to the camp site, which is right now said to be the Camp Hughs Picnic Area. Going to see what thats going to be like for camping.
After that a little late evening run is planned in the CH North area. Some pretty good trails and a nice bowl to play in there. (Even thinking about camping at the bowl.)
For sunday CH South will be the start. Mixed trails there, mud, sand and plain old trail. After CH South, will move to the Powerline Trail. That trail will head east past Carberry, and from there everyone that is heading back home to Winnipeg can take off from there and if need be fill up at the Co-op that is on Highway one on the way home for you guys.
So like I have said before, there might be some branches that make the trail a little tight. But not many, I was out at WOT cleaning up some of the branches and fallen trees yesterday, so for the most part we will be good. With WOT though, there will be some rollever danger present, but as long as even takes it slow, and listens to a spotter when necessary, it will be a time to remember. And there are by passes for pretty much everything, so no one is forced to go over anything they dont want to.
Hope this sounds good for everyone. There might be some little changes, we will see.
Now what needs to be sorted out is the timings. For Saturday, what time would be good for you guys coming from Winnipeg to leave? We will be meeting at the Tim Hortons/Husky where Highway 1 and 10 meet. (There are other gas stations around there as well if you dont like Husky, Shell and Petro and I think an esso are pretty close by.) So you guys decide on what time you want to meet up in Winnipeg and start your journey here.
I think that is the most I have every typed in this forum.......

Last edited by 2vpblaze; 08-11-2010 at 11:57 AM.
Old 08-11-2010, 05:02 PM
JK Super Freak

The people from Winnipeg should be meeting at 8:30am at the Flying J on PortageAve just outside the perimeter.

We'll meet the guys from Brandon at 12 noon at the Tim's on #1 in Brandon
Old 08-11-2010, 06:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Kevin, with all the planning you have done for us is the noon arrival time going to work? I'm in for a earlier start if need be. What do you think?
Old 08-11-2010, 06:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

I thought you'd all start wheelin earlier than noon in Brandon... I thought there would be a 8 or 9 o'clock start, and that's why I was going to stay at a hotel overnight. (thinking if wheelin' starts around 9, I'd have to be on the road for around 6... getting up at 5???)

If we're not going to get going in Brandon until just before noon, I will probably just drive out Sunday morning!

Last edited by JeepBobWinnipeg; 08-11-2010 at 06:50 PM.
Old 08-11-2010, 06:51 PM
JK Super Freak

Last edited by mjolnir; 08-11-2010 at 06:56 PM.

Quick Reply: August Manitoba Run