Notices
Western Canada If you live in the British Columbia, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta, Yukon, North West Territories or Nunavut area of Canada and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

August Manitoba Run

Old 07-19-2010, 10:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just got back from vacation. Not sure if I can make 28/29 Aug but will check.

Last trip (June) had me throw and twist my suspension by almost 2 inches. Left side was completely out. Also smashed up and destroyed the electronic sway bar disconnect.

haven't replaced the e-disco due to price but had the jeep in the shop for three days while they tried to figure out why I was out so much and how to correct it.

The worse part was that I took the hit on that hill that i took the easy way up and someone guided me (right into a hole).

A full weekend can be tough for me to schedule but I am sure I can make one day of the two.
Old 07-19-2010, 06:07 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by flyer415

Last trip (June) had me throw and twist my suspension by almost 2 inches. Left side was completely out. Also smashed up and destroyed the electronic sway bar disconnect.

haven't replaced the e-disco due to price but had the jeep in the shop for three days while they tried to figure out why I was out so much and how to correct it.

The worse part was that I took the hit on that hill that i took the easy way up and someone guided me (right into a hole).

A full weekend can be tough for me to schedule but I am sure I can make one day of the two.
Brian, I am so sorry to hear that. I (we) had no idea! Hope to see you out even if it is just for the day.

Last edited by 0llll0 Wife; 07-19-2010 at 06:33 PM.
Old 07-20-2010, 11:33 AM
JK Super Freak

Awweee, that sucks Brian, I didn't realize you had damage from that run. Although I was behind you and heard some bad scraping sounds while going through one part

Hopefully you can make it out for the day..... over a month to go
Old 07-20-2010, 01:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

not sure if we will make it either, the Jeep needs some TLC badly brakes and gotta look into the front end problems. Hope we can get them done before that weekend......
Old 07-20-2010, 01:39 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Dracattack
not sure if we will make it either, the Jeep needs some TLC badly brakes and gotta look into the front end problems. Hope we can get them done before that weekend......
I hope you can too. On the plus side it is SIX weeks away, so you have some time. If you need any help or tools make sure you let us know.
Old 07-20-2010, 01:52 PM
JK Freak

Hopefully everyone can make it out. Like said, still plenty of time. How many people would be interested in staying the night, trying to see where a good location would be to spend the overnighter.
Old 07-20-2010, 07:25 PM
JK Newbie

Randy: Hope you guys can make it! Wouldn't be the same without ya!!

Originally Posted by 2vpblaze
Hopefully everyone can make it out. Like said, still plenty of time. How many people would be interested in staying the night, trying to see where a good location would be to spend the overnighter.
Kevin: we are in for overnighting!!
Can't wait!
Old 07-21-2010, 07:27 AM
JK Super Freak

I'm planning on camping the night.
Old 07-21-2010, 02:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by flyer415

the amount that e-disco is... remove it, dis-engage it and find a X or Sahara factory swaybar and install it. Then go buy some Quick Disconnects for $100 bucks from JKS and you'll have more flex then what you had with the e-disco and it's 1/10th the price. The e-disco limits your wheel travel where as a full disco will allow your axle to droop and stuff much much more. Just sell the e-disco online and you'll be able to buy something else with the cash you earned.
Old 07-22-2010, 04:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

EDIT:

Option 1: buy swaybar, JKS disco, and AEV Procal to turn off computer

Option 2: leave it in place - connected though and buy JKS disco's, then you can use the manual or electronic (some of the forums perfer this method)
BUT I would then do the MOD to raise it up higher and out of the way.

Then again, I have the Procal, so I would toss ( umm sell $$$$$) the whole e-disco unit, and go buy a winch, bumper, or what ever else. PPl will pay huge bucks for this unit.

Last edited by neXgen; 07-22-2010 at 05:41 AM.

Quick Reply: August Manitoba Run