Notices
Western Canada If you live in the British Columbia, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta, Yukon, North West Territories or Nunavut area of Canada and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

August Manitoba Run

Old 07-07-2010, 09:46 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2vpblaze
Brandon would be a fun time! We would only be able to make the weekend of the 21st. Still plenty of time away, so we will see what happens with everyones schedule. And figuring since the majority of people wil be coming from Winnipeg and such, could be an oppurtunity for another overnighter. Just an idea.......

is there a Holiday Inn in Brandon?
I need hot showers and cold air :P lol
Old 07-07-2010, 05:10 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by RedroK
is there a Holiday Inn in Brandon?
I need hot showers and cold air :P lol
ha ha classy! and there are plenty of hotels and motels here. espically along the number 1. so no worries there kev! and brandon isnt to far away from any of our wheeling spots.
Old 07-09-2010, 01:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

That would be the weekend that I'm on call at work so I'm out unless I can get someone to switch with me. I 'll let you all know next week I guess.
Old 07-09-2010, 01:55 PM
JK Newbie

kevin i think this works for me, also there are the trails just north of the base thr the woods not much for play park but i have been in a hole or two once you get a bit deeper, plus near carberry past some farm fields have some terrain to play in just dont know all the legality I have been there more than a few times with no hasstle though
Old 07-09-2010, 01:56 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by 0llll0
That would be the weekend that I'm on call at work so I'm out unless I can get someone to switch with me. I 'll let you all know next week I guess.
And when he says "[he's] out" he doesn't mean our rig is. I'm free. *wink*
Old 07-09-2010, 02:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 0llll0 Wife
You break it, you fix it! Or the
Old 07-09-2010, 08:24 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by 0llll0
You break it, you fix it! Or the

haha, dont worry, we wont make her do anything crazy with the jeep just to make a wheelin youtube vid...

Your beast is pretty much built proof now, probably have to head down to Moab to break something......wait.... how far is it to get there again
Old 07-09-2010, 09:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 0llll0 Wife
that was way to funny! Were checking our schedule to see if its good for us. Is there camping on the trails or do we need to go to a campgound around Brandon? Just hope the bugs aren't as bad!
Old 07-09-2010, 10:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RedroK
haha, dont worry, we wont make her do anything crazy with the jeep just to make a wheelin youtube vid...

Your beast is pretty much built proof now, probably have to head down to Moab to break something......wait.... how far is it to get there again
2285 kilometers or 23hrs. and 41 min. to get there! So if we leave friday at noon.....
Old 07-10-2010, 07:11 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Dracattack
that was way to funny! Were checking our schedule to see if its good for us. Is there camping on the trails or do we need to go to a campgound around Brandon? Just hope the bugs aren't as bad!
Hopefullly the schedule works out for everyone. if we are going to be doing brandon, we want as many people and rigs as possible. just that much more of a good time. Jim, hopefully you will be able to find someone to switch for you! As for camping Randy, there should be some spots out at oak lake. I am going to look into that. Michele and I are starting to recce out some trails today and going to start making some good tracks and routes on the GPS. (Which isnt the one I lossed, one I have borrowed in the meantime.)
I dont know if Brandon is the decided spot yet or not, so lets see how many people we can get on board and we will decide, plenty of time left.

Quick Reply: August Manitoba Run