Notices
Western Canada If you live in the British Columbia, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta, Yukon, North West Territories or Nunavut area of Canada and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Anyone in Vancouver with Sunburst Orange JK Unltd?

Old 10-18-2009, 10:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone in Vancouver with Sunburst Orange JK Unltd?

Long story short, the wife and I are buying a JK Unlimited this month. Our first color choice (the one we could agree on ) was Sunburst Orange but that color was discontinued with the '09 line. My car broker can get us one from out-of-province but we want to be 100% sure of the color - can only do that by seeing one in person.

Is there any board members in the Vancouver/Richmond/Surrey area who would be willing to show off their JK Unlimited (or non-Unlimited) in Sunburst Orange in-person?

Thanks.

- Bob

(still keeping the YJ and Wagoneer )

Last edited by richmondbob; 10-18-2009 at 11:51 AM.
Old 10-18-2009, 01:14 PM
JK Freak

Man I wish I could help you. I live up in Prince George. I was looking hard this past August at two 09 Unlimited Rubicons. One was a black and the other the sunburst orange.
I went with the sunburst and man I am so happy I did. My coworker bought the black rubi and I can't say how much I like mine compared to his. One reason is that it stands out and black accessories look sweet against the orange especially since it has the black bumpers, fenders, mirrors etc. I've done the grill mod and added a black grill, some black light bush guards to all the lights and hopefully by mid Nov will have it lifted 3.5" with Procomp 97 black steel wheels and 35 MTR's.
I've got a couple of pics in my profile to look at. Hope this helps. Like I said I really like this color and have had nothing but good responses to it. Oh and the other thing is that at dusk/dawn when she is all cleaned up the paint gets a really nice "sunburst" effect and the color looks very close to that of a sun rise.

Good luck!

Last edited by Northern Wrangler; 10-18-2009 at 01:19 PM.
Old 10-18-2009, 04:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Northern Wrangler, thanks for the response and the info. Damn, PG is my old stomping grounds (UNBC!). I'll check out your profile pics - thanks for your response, again.

Anyone else? Bueller? Bueller?

Last edited by richmondbob; 10-18-2009 at 04:12 PM.
Old 10-18-2009, 07:44 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can the dealer do a search on any 2 doors on the lots in the lower mainland with sunburst orange? Just do it...you will have a collectible color now
Old 10-19-2009, 12:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TripleJeep_99
Can the dealer do a search on any 2 doors on the lots in the lower mainland with sunburst orange? Just do it...you will have a collectible color now
Going for the 4-door for the wife and two kids. My YJ still runs as my own 2-door, though.
Old 10-19-2009, 08:27 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by richmondbob
Going for the 4-door for the wife and two kids. My YJ still runs as my own 2-door, though.
I realized you are going for a JKU....but can you search for a 2 door around the lower mainland to see th color in person???? I love sunburst orange great color choice!
Old 10-19-2009, 08:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

I realized you are going for a JKU....but can you search for a 2 door around the lower mainland to see th color in person???? I love sunburst orange great color choice!
No Sunburst Orange 2-doors in the Lower Mainland either. That's why I'm hoping someone on the board is close enough to meet.
Old 10-19-2009, 09:33 AM
JK Jedi

popular color!!! I know I was kinda in the same boat as you...we wanted Rescue Green...but wanted to see it in person....I got lucky that day when we were looking a Rescue Green drove in for servicing!!! It was a no brainer and we brought our Rescue Green JKU from Alberta. I think the Dodge Ram 1500, Charger & Caliber not sure of the year but came out with Sunburst orange? Talk with a Dealer to see if this was true.
Old 10-19-2009, 10:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

popular color!!! I know I was kinda in the same boat as you...we wanted Rescue Green...but wanted to see it in person....I got lucky that day when we were looking a Rescue Green drove in for servicing!!! It was a no brainer and we brought our Rescue Green JKU from Alberta. I think the Dodge Ram 1500, Charger & Caliber not sure of the year but came out with Sunburst orange? Talk with a Dealer to see if this was true.

Thanks, will do. But ... still like to see Sunburst Orange on a JKU in person!
Old 10-19-2009, 10:12 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by richmondbob
Long story short, the wife and I are buying a JK Unlimited this month. Our first color choice (the one we could agree on ) was Sunburst Orange but that color was discontinued with the '09 line. My car broker can get us one from out-of-province but we want to be 100% sure of the color - can only do that by seeing one in person.

Is there any board members in the Vancouver/Richmond/Surrey area who would be willing to show off their JK Unlimited (or non-Unlimited) in Sunburst Orange in-person?
Trust your instincts... it's a nice color !!!!
Just imagine it with black wheels.... bigger tires.... a lift....

Quick Reply: Anyone in Vancouver with Sunburst Orange JK Unltd?