Notices
Western Canada If you live in the British Columbia, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta, Yukon, North West Territories or Nunavut area of Canada and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Any good winter driving stories yet??

Old 11-15-2011, 05:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any good winter driving stories yet??

Any "driving in a snowstorm" stories to talk about yet? Last Thursday we were east of Prince Albert, the road was a sheet of glare ice, it was -4 deg, and it was raining so hard the wipers could barely keep up. My new studded tires were much appreciated in those conditions.
Old 11-15-2011, 05:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have enough from last year!
Old 11-15-2011, 05:57 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

HAHA!! 74 degrees here in Raleigh NC today!! Now that's my kind of winter weather!!
Old 11-15-2011, 07:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by scooby snacks
HAHA!! 74 degrees here in Raleigh NC today!! Now that's my kind of winter weather!!
Okay, okay! It will 6 months before I see 74 degrees again...almost too depressing to think about. Unless we go to Mexico this winter...
Old 11-15-2011, 07:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by javacowboy
I have enough from last year!
Right on! Lets hear a few.
Old 11-15-2011, 07:59 PM
JK Super Freak

I'm in Edmonton working, it was a brutally slow ride from work to the hotel yesterday. Saw about 9 accidents, only one bad one, a kia vs. a 1ton dodge head on. I think the dodge had a scratch
Old 11-15-2011, 08:07 PM
JK Super Freak

Came through a blizzard in the Pine Pass tonight. 700km of driving today. About 30m visibility, no plows and 10cm of snow on the road, jeep in 4hi and took it easy at 60km/h. 3rd winter on my Duratracs. I have them at 28 psi. Got home safely and for that I am thankful!
Old 11-15-2011, 08:31 PM
JK Newbie

Default eh... nothing really great yet

but Loveland Pass here in Colorado was closed most of Sunday so we had a nice detour through Keystone/Dillon back through the Eisenhower Tunnel to get back to Denver. Lot's of ice and windy conditions made for a fun trip down the mountain. Shocking no wrecks to report so that's a good thing. Saw a few elk so I guess that's a highlight and my wife agreed that the stock mud terrains are a little sketchy so I've got the greenlight to go tire shopping!

Bring on the snow! I for one am ready for it.
Old 11-15-2011, 09:58 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by trmckin
but Loveland Pass here in Colorado was closed most of Sunday so we had a nice detour through Keystone/Dillon back through the Eisenhower Tunnel to get back to Denver. Lot's of ice and windy conditions made for a fun trip down the mountain. Shocking no wrecks to report so that's a good thing. Saw a few elk so I guess that's a highlight and my wife agreed that the stock mud terrains are a little sketchy so I've got the greenlight to go tire shopping!

Bring on the snow! I for one am ready for it.
I went snowboarding there many years ago. What an awesome place that is. Nothing like hitch hiking to the top of a mountain to snowboard back down, and the hitching back up for another run!
Old 11-16-2011, 05:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by PG-JKU
Came through a blizzard in the Pine Pass tonight. 700km of driving today. About 30m visibility, no plows and 10cm of snow on the road, jeep in 4hi and took it easy at 60km/h. 3rd winter on my Duratracs. I have them at 28 psi. Got home safely and for that I am thankful!
You've gotta like good winter tires, they sure bring a ton of safety and security with them. I have heard lots of good things about the Duratracs. Glad to hear you got home safely.

Quick Reply: Any good winter driving stories yet??