Notices
VENGEANCE - The Curmudgeons Revenge JK Build This forum is dedicated to our good friend HappyCurmudgeon who recently lost his fight against Sarcoma Cancer. Information on how you can help provide hope for his family can be found here.

Let VENGEANCE be Yours - Bidding Starts Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Old 12-04-2011, 05:05 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Subscribed! All along I have been wishing I could buy his jeep to help him out. However I have no need for another rig nor do I have the cash for another rig. I am very happy to hear this news. It is way cool of everyone to pitch in for happy. Thank you hook em for heading up this mission.

Sean Ringer
Old 12-04-2011, 05:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Subscribed... This truly amazing gift you are giving his family! The JK community never ceases to amaze me! Kudos to every contributor on this project!
Old 12-04-2011, 05:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

This is a great way to show the true kindness of man. To everybody helping Happy, I thank you all.
Old 12-04-2011, 05:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Proud to be a part of this Jeep forum.
Much respect to any and all who contribute to this great cause.
Old 12-04-2011, 05:19 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Awesome that you guys bought his JK and are doing this. Having a close friend of mine that passed from throat cancer at the age of 24, and seeing the struggles his family went through, it really is a great thing you guys are doing.

Last edited by highoctane; 12-04-2011 at 05:23 PM.
Old 12-04-2011, 05:22 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Very awesome of you guys!!!! I love this forum!
Old 12-04-2011, 05:25 PM
JK Super Freak

Now, that is awesome!! glad to be able to say that i am a part of this community. big change from my old Infiniti G37 forum.
Old 12-04-2011, 05:28 PM
JK Newbie

Very awesome.
Old 12-04-2011, 05:34 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by wayoflife
Ken Offerbeck is not only one of the very first members of JK-Forum.com, he's also a senior moderator and a personal good friend of mine. Known best by his screen name, HappyCurmudgeon, Ken has the hightest post count on the forum second only to me and, has been a tremendous help in making JK-Forum.com what it has become today. For those of you who've been following his "I don't have good news to share" thread, you know that he's been fighting an uphill battle against an agressive form of cancer known as sarcoma and unfortunately, it's been one he's been losing. In a last ditch effort to provide for his daughter's future, Ken decided to sell his beloved JK and put all the money into a 529 college savings account. After months of being on the market, a member of the forum known as Hook-Em contacted Ken to see if maybe some of the sponsors here could pick up his JK, build it up and then sell it with 100% of the proceeds going to he and his family. The build would be called "Curmudgeon's Revenge" and it would be the ultimate 2-Door dream JK. Today, Wayoflifette and I have decided to take on this challenge, buy Ken's JK, bring it back to California and do our best to make this dream a reality.

Below is a shot of what Ken's mild mannered JK looks like now...

If you'd like to follow this mild JK's evolution into the wild Curmudgeon's Revenge, this is the thread you'll want to subscribe to

SPONSORS ON BOARD:
Off Road Evolution - Installation/Labor
EVO MFG - EVO hood, EVO front bumper, EVO 4 inch rear stretch
ATX - Slab Bead Lock Wheels
PSC - Ram Assist Steering
Dynomax - Exhaust System

I love being part of this Jeep family.....thanks "Mom and Dad" ( Wayoflife and Wayoflifette ) for all of the amazing things you do for this community...very cool....cheersName:  imagesCAETYIRL.jpg
Views: 395
Size:  647 Bytes
Old 12-04-2011, 05:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Subscribed. A true testament to this particular forum and the larger Jeep community. Hopefully there is at least some solace in knowing that so many people you will never meet in person are truly invested in your / your family's well-being.

Can't wait to see how the build turns out. All the best to you, Ken.

Eric

Quick Reply: Let VENGEANCE be Yours - Bidding Starts Tuesday, December 11, 2012