Notices
VENGEANCE - The Curmudgeons Revenge JK Build This forum is dedicated to our good friend HappyCurmudgeon who recently lost his fight against Sarcoma Cancer. Information on how you can help provide hope for his family can be found here.

Let VENGEANCE be Yours - Bidding Starts Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Old 12-13-2011, 07:22 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bingote
I think that everyone willing to donate could just start by doing so to the paypal account WOL posted.

Then the Built Jeep just needs to be sold as the built jeep it will be (maybe an auction, if legal, to get as much money as possible from the build).

This way Happy will receive twice the money than if we just wait for how the build is offered.
Originally Posted by BONDSY
Exactly right.

People, offering the jeep back to Ken & Family would be a kind thing to do,

But in all honesty,
maintenance, insurance, and up keep on a highly modded JK, is something I'm sure Ken would like to avoid. While it is a nice suggestion to offer the Jeep back to Ken, I think the reason Ken is selling, is to get out from underneath it.
This is correct. I am selling the jeep to keep It so that April isn't stuck paying insurance on two vehicles (very high on a custom vehicle), maintenance costs because she can't do it herself she would need to pay to have it done, storage costs, etc. Etc. Etc. To save it for my daughter is in no way feasable. I wouldn't put the keys to a highly modified jeep in the hands of a teenager (which she won't be ready for another 12-13 YEARS) as nice as those ideas are, and as much as I sincerely appreciate them, they simply won't work. Thank you all for thinking of me, but it wouldn't be me that got it, it would be my widow and a 5 year old girl. They have no use for it.

Originally Posted by Ryan0260
I truly hope Ken at least has a chance to drive it when it's done. I think it would put a smile on his face
It would, but unfortunately I can't drive anymore. I have very little use of my legs. I am able to stand with a walker but I need a wheelchair to do most everything else.
Old 12-13-2011, 07:22 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like WOL's plan is falling into place nicely!

Old 12-13-2011, 07:25 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by HappyCurmudgeon
It would, but unfortunately I can't drive anymore. I have very little use of my legs. I am able to stand with a walker but I need a wheelchair to do most everything else.
Happy, at least you are moving around and staying strong! I know it's tough, but you have 50,000+ members on JK-Forum on your side man! And I couldn't be more proud to be one of them!
Old 12-13-2011, 12:45 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Thumbs up

WooHoo!! Just got word from Nitto that they will be kicking in a set of 37" Trail Grapplers

Thanks Nitto!! This build is coming along nicely
Old 12-13-2011, 12:50 PM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thank you Nitto!
Old 12-13-2011, 01:12 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by yessamskates
Come on SoCal! Who would be up for this?
I'm down!!!!
Old 12-13-2011, 01:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by HappyCurmudgeon

Well Ken, I'm sure if anyone on the east coast gets it, they would be honored to take you for a ride!
Old 12-13-2011, 01:16 PM
JK Freak

After reading through this thread, I am excited to be a small part of such a large, caring community of people. Praying for you and your family Ken.

I had one thought:
after the build, can we auction off some of the parts that came off Ken's Jeep? That way, some of us can carry a small part of this great cause with us, and help Ken even more
Old 12-13-2011, 01:21 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by b5rider
After reading through this thread, I am excited to be a small part of such a large, caring community of people. Praying for you and your family Ken.

I had one thought:
after the build, can we auction off some of the parts that came off Ken's Jeep? That way, some of us can carry a small part of this great cause with us, and help Ken even more
Yup, great idea. Been suggested already. Don't be afraid to post up more ideas. That's what makes things happen. It was an idea that made this happen after all.
Old 12-13-2011, 01:35 PM
JK Newbie

Default Amazed

Such a great thing a great community of people that have come together to do for a friend in need. It makes me very proud to see how everyone has rallied to help happy and his family. Prayers are headed there way. Can't wait to see the JK when its finished. It will no doubt be an amazing Jeep.

Quick Reply: Let VENGEANCE be Yours - Bidding Starts Tuesday, December 11, 2012