Notices
VENGEANCE - The Curmudgeons Revenge JK Build This forum is dedicated to our good friend HappyCurmudgeon who recently lost his fight against Sarcoma Cancer. Information on how you can help provide hope for his family can be found here.

Let VENGEANCE be Yours - Bidding Starts Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Old 12-11-2011, 07:31 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like the idea of returning the jeep to Happy's family but I know so many would like to have it as well. this shows how much people still want to help each other.
Old 12-11-2011, 09:37 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Okay guys. I've been following this thread and "I don't have good news to share" I'm only a 19 year old kid, so I don't have all the money I would like to donate to Ken. But after talking with my girlfriend we came up with an idea for everyone in SOCAL. She works at Coldstone Creamery and we are thinking of having a meet and greet type night and we will set up a donation jar for Ken. Although the owner of the store isn't in to giving out discounts, She said that for people who donate to him she will definitely give them a better price for helping a fellow jeeper out. There are a few other restaurants in the same plaza for those who want to eat and some space for everyone to park their jeeps and hang out and talk for awhile.

How does this sound to you guys in SoCal? Would you guys be interested? Let me know so we can get this planned!
You are in all our thoughts and prayers Ken, Keep fighting!
Sam
Old 12-11-2011, 10:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wayoflife
Well, we just booked our one way flight to New York and should be there next Friday. After getting together with good friends and having dinner with Ken and his family, we will start the long drive back to California in his mild mannered 2-door JK. I'll be sure to post updates as they come in and, you can be sure we'll be posting up lots of pics along the way.
Looking forward to seeing a planned route as well.. There is a huge group in the Great Lakes region most of whom I'm sure would come out to see you all through or meet you for a bite to eat.
Old 12-11-2011, 10:37 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by GetOut
Looking forward to seeing a planned route as well.. There is a huge group in the Great Lakes region most of whom I'm sure would come out to see you all through or meet you for a bite to eat.
aka come through chicago
Old 12-12-2011, 01:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

It would be cool if people just committed to donate money to offer the Wrangler back to Ken!

As awesome as i know it will be and how much i would want it for myself, if everyone else is (willing to make it happen) i'm willing to donate an extra $200 to the cause!
Old 12-12-2011, 08:27 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Bucko
It would be cool if people just committed to donate money to offer the Wrangler back to Ken!

As awesome as i know it will be and how much i would want it for myself, if everyone else is (willing to make it happen) i'm willing to donate an extra $200 to the cause!
Are you saying if we all paid wol back for what he spent and then give it back to ken?
Old 12-12-2011, 08:52 AM
JK Freak

I think that everyone willing to donate could just start by doing so to the paypal account WOL posted.

Then the Built Jeep just needs to be sold as the built jeep it will be (maybe an auction, if legal, to get as much money as possible from the build).

This way Happy will receive twice the money than if we just wait for how the build is offered.
Old 12-12-2011, 09:11 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by bingote
I think that everyone willing to donate could just start by doing so to the paypal account WOL posted.

Then the Built Jeep just needs to be sold as the built jeep it will be (maybe an auction, if legal, to get as much money as possible from the build).

This way Happy will receive twice the money than if we just wait for how the build is offered.
Exactly right.

People, offering the jeep back to Ken & Family would be a kind thing to do,

But in all honesty,
maintenance, insurance, and up keep on a highly modded JK, is something I'm sure Ken would like to avoid. While it is a nice suggestion to offer the Jeep back to Ken, I think the reason Ken is selling, is to get out from underneath it.
Old 12-12-2011, 09:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by yessamskates
Are you saying if we all paid wol back for what he spent and then give it back to ken?
Heck yeah!
Old 12-12-2011, 10:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

BUMP This up! lets get some donations!

Quick Reply: Let VENGEANCE be Yours - Bidding Starts Tuesday, December 11, 2012