Notices
VENGEANCE - The Curmudgeons Revenge JK Build This forum is dedicated to our good friend HappyCurmudgeon who recently lost his fight against Sarcoma Cancer. Information on how you can help provide hope for his family can be found here.

Let VENGEANCE be Yours - Bidding Starts Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Old 12-10-2011, 07:27 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TJM12
This reminds me about the true meaning of Christmas......to love, and to give! Very moving stuff going on here!
Very, very moving. For sure
Old 12-10-2011, 08:11 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the raffle idea I mentioned a while ago.... and agree it will make the most money... but someone would need to look into raffle laws in CA... as they can be pretty harsh... (they are here in Texas)

last thing we want to do is get someone in trouble with the IRS.

PS... I would suggest posting the story link and link to kens PayPal on your Facebook(maybe WOL's as well).. if we all do this.. thousands of others can be reached... and this time of year people are more open to contributing to great causes such as this one.
Old 12-10-2011, 08:48 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by NeverStock
the raffle idea I mentioned a while ago.... and agree it will make the most money... but someone would need to look into raffle laws in CA... as they can be pretty harsh... (they are here in Texas)

last thing we want to do is get someone in trouble with the IRS.

PS... I would suggest posting the story link and link to kens PayPal on your Facebook(maybe WOL's as well).. if we all do this.. thousands of others can be reached... and this time of year people are more open to contributing to great causes such as this one.
Good thought. Didn't think about that
Old 12-11-2011, 03:25 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by wayoflife
Well, we just booked our one way flight to New York and should be there next Friday. After getting together with good friends and having dinner with Ken and his family, we will start the long drive back to California in his mild mannered 2-door JK. I'll be sure to post updates as they come in and, you can be sure we'll be posting up lots of pics along the way.
Eddie,

Just wanted to say you guys rock! It is so awesome what your doing for Ken and I am so glad and proud to be a member here. Have a save trip.
Old 12-11-2011, 06:57 AM
JK Junkie

$50-$100 raffle tickets would be great.

I also think a paypal account for donations would be great so people could donate money if they wanted.
Old 12-11-2011, 07:08 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

For those of you who are interested, you can make a PayPal Donation by sending money to this email account: kennethofferbeck@netscape.net

As far as a raffle goes, we are fully aware that it would be the best way to raise money BUT, doing it as has been suggested is totally ILLEGAL! Trust me, I have looked into this extensively well over a year ago and back before we started doing any of the fundraising auctions. Please note that a raffle is considered to be a form of "lottery" and, unless you are some kind of 501(c)3, it is difficult to do legally in just one state and, so far as I know, impossible to do across multiple states. There are potential options that we are currently looking into but, that's the best I can tell you for now.
Old 12-11-2011, 03:50 PM
JK Newbie

bump.......
Old 12-11-2011, 03:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kntr
$50-$100 raffle tickets would be great.

I also think a paypal account for donations would be great so people could donate money if they wanted.
For Ken's paypal info....see my signature! Thank you so much for wanting to help! God bless you!
Old 12-11-2011, 04:13 PM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

thank you everyone for your interest in this build.

It is heartbreaking to see my Jeep leave, but knowing where it is going and what the plans are for it is amazing, I am so stoked to see this get underway. With so much going on and so many things to get set in motion before a wrench ever gets touched it is hard to remain patient. I know many of you are impatient as well, and I understand!

The modaholic in me wants to go roll out the toolbox and fire up the air compressor right now! But i obviously cant. walkers and creepers dont go together very well *L*

This is going to take time, sometimes I am sure it will seem painfully slow, but it will all come together in the end. I am really looking forward to the build, and pictures and everything else that goes along with it.

• Thank you Eddie & Cindy for taking on this project on your own, from your own pockets!
  • Thank you to the sponsors who have since graciously stepped up with labor and parts to help them!
  • Thank you to the forum members who have been so helpful and supportive and full of ideas!
I am in awe of everything you have all done, it is just amazing.

Now i need to sit back, bite my lip, be patient, and wait for the build to get underway! I am so excited about this, I feel like a kid in a toy store the day before Christmas.

Last edited by HappyCurmudgeon; 12-11-2011 at 04:15 PM.
Old 12-11-2011, 06:34 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by yessamskates

You guys aren't the only one. I was thinking drive it back so his daughter can have it for her 16 birthday
I just sent WOL a pm saying it would be great to see this project Jeep to end up back in Ken's family so his daughter could drive it when she's old enough. I've used this site for a few years now but just recently joined. I'd like to take this opportunity to say that although I don't know any of you personally, I am proud of you and this forum and what it stands for.

Quick Reply: Let VENGEANCE be Yours - Bidding Starts Tuesday, December 11, 2012