Notices
VENGEANCE - The Curmudgeons Revenge JK Build This forum is dedicated to our good friend HappyCurmudgeon who recently lost his fight against Sarcoma Cancer. Information on how you can help provide hope for his family can be found here.

Let VENGEANCE be Yours - Bidding Starts Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Old 12-07-2012, 06:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know why everyone is getting bent out of shape because of Hook-em's question. It's a legitimate question. Not everyone here is as as familiar with this situation as some may be. I think Hook-em was just asking for a clarification so everyone can understand. What we do know is that Eddie has purchased the Jeep from Ken and that all the work and product on it was donated. What we don't know is what Eddie paid for the Jeep and if he intends to recoup all of those funds out of the sale of it (which he obviously has every right to do). So basically what I think what Hook-em wanted to know was, is the end auction price the total amount to be raised for Ken's daughter, or would it be more because the original sale price of the Jeep would be added to it (ala a huge donation from Eddie and co.)? Either way it is awesome thing that is happening here and there is no reason to get bent out of shape because someone asks a question. We all want the same end result here which is to raise as much money as possible for Ken's Daughter. I applaud Eddie and every vendor and person involved in this. You are all amazing people!
Old 12-07-2012, 07:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Nelly
I don't know why everyone is getting bent out of shape because of Hook-em's question. It's a legitimate question. Not everyone here is as as familiar with this situation as some may be. I think Hook-em was just asking for a clarification so everyone can understand. What we do know is that Eddie has purchased the Jeep from Ken and that all the work and product on it was donated. What we don't know is what Eddie paid for the Jeep and if he intends to recoup all of those funds out of the sale of it (which he obviously has every right to do). So basically what I think what Hook-em wanted to know was, is the end auction price the total amount to be raised for Ken's daughter, or would it be more because the original sale price of the Jeep would be added to it (ala a huge donation from Eddie and co.)? Either way it is awesome thing that is happening here and there is no reason to get bent out of shape because someone asks a question. We all want the same end result here which is to raise as much money as possible for Ken's Daughter. I applaud Eddie and every vendor and person involved in this. You are all amazing people!
I agree. And I'm not saying we even need to know the numbers. We don't. Anything Eddie an Cindy are doing I FANTASTIC!!! I guess I'm just in agreement that jumping on a positive forum member because a well intentioned questioned was asked just doesn't seem right.

Thanks for making a really crappy situation just a little bit better Eddie and Cindy!
Old 12-07-2012, 07:06 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

I don't know why everyone is getting bent out of shape because of Hook-em's question. It's a legitimate question.
And I asked a legitimate question too.

Not everyone here is as as familiar with this situation as some may be. I think Hook-em was just asking for a clarification so everyone can understand. What we do know is that Eddie has purchased the Jeep from Ken and that all the work and product on it was donated. What we don't know is what Eddie paid for the Jeep and if he intends to recoup all of those funds out of the sale of it (which he obviously has every right to do).
Just so that I can get clarification and understand things better, is he planning to bid on this Jeep?

So basically what I think what Hook-em wanted to know was, is the end auction price the total amount to be raised for Ken's daughter, or would it be more because the original sale price of the Jeep would be added to it (ala a huge donation from Eddie and co.)?
If he, you or anyone thinks that what we're doing here is insincere, questionable or somehow not good enough, please DO NOT bid on this Jeep. Ken was our personal friend and his family knows exactly what we've already done and what we will be doing and really, that's the only thing that matters to us. You can believe whatever it is you want to believe.

Last edited by wayoflife; 12-07-2012 at 07:13 AM.
Old 12-07-2012, 07:12 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by flyfish29
I agree. And I'm not saying we even need to know the numbers. We don't. Anything Eddie an Cindy are doing I FANTASTIC!!!
If you don't need to know the numbers, why ask the question?

I guess I'm just in agreement that jumping on a positive forum member because a well intentioned questioned was asked just doesn't seem right.
I can't speak for anyone else but, all I asked was how much he was planning to bid?
Old 12-07-2012, 07:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

One can count their life blessed to have such a good friend as Eddie and family....look at the amazing effort that other have done simply on their good word..lets be thankful in this season for all we are blessed with...
Old 12-07-2012, 07:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wayoflife
If he, you or anyone thinks that what we're doing here is insincere, questionable or somehow not good enough, please DO NOT bid on this Jeep. Ken was our personal friend and his family knows exactly what we've already done and what we will be doing and really, that's the only thing that matters to us. You can believe whatever it is you want to believe.
Where are you getting this from from? Neither his or my posts suggest this. As someone who has been following this build and Kens struggle for years now is it wrong to want to know how much money was finally raised raised? To know what everyone's hard work and time has accomplished? I never said what you were doing was insincere, questionable, or not good enough. I have no clue where you are getting this from.
Old 12-07-2012, 08:15 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Where are you getting this from from? Neither his or my posts suggest this. As someone who has been following this build and Kens struggle for years now is it wrong to want to know how much money was finally raised raised? To know what everyone's hard work and time has accomplished?
But, everyone who actually did put hard work and time and money into this build knows EXACTLY what's been accomplished and what will be done with the money once it's sold. None of this would have been possible without their support and their support would never have come if they didn't have trust what we were doing.

I never said what you were doing was insincere, questionable, or not good enough. I have no clue where you are getting this from.
And I never said you said any of those things.

Not trying to pick a fight here with you, just trying to set the record straight. Peace.
Old 12-07-2012, 08:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It seems like an honest question was turned around to make Hook'Em look like an asshole, when the average person like myself would read it as someone trying to get more information for everyone's benefit. Anyone doing charitable work should be able to answer that without getting defensive. Nobody questioned your motives or sincerity.
Old 12-07-2012, 08:38 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Eddie what price is the bidding going to start from?
Old 12-07-2012, 08:50 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by jahbone
It seems like an honest question was turned around to make Hook'Em look like an asshole, when the average person like myself would read it as someone trying to get more information for everyone's benefit. Anyone doing charitable work should be able to answer that without getting defensive. Nobody questioned your motives or sincerity.
And I believe that I just asked an honest question - how much he was going to bid? If that makes him look like an asshole to you, all I can say is that you're free to see what you want to see.

Funny, you say you're not questioning my motives or sincerity and yet at the same time, you say that I've been getting defensive and shouldn't be if I'm doing charitable work.

If the average person like yourself is really planning to bid on this Jeep, do so once the auction is running, contact me by email after you make your bid and ask any question you want. I promise to give you full disclosure on anything regarding this Jeep or what will be done with the money. If you find at that time what I will be doing is unsatisfactory to you, I promise to cancel your bid and free you of any obligations to it. I will even go so far as to post up our entire conversation so that everyone here will know what you objected to. Fair enough?

Last edited by wayoflife; 12-07-2012 at 09:06 AM.

Quick Reply: Let VENGEANCE be Yours - Bidding Starts Tuesday, December 11, 2012