Notices
VENGEANCE - The Curmudgeons Revenge JK Build This forum is dedicated to our good friend HappyCurmudgeon who recently lost his fight against Sarcoma Cancer. Information on how you can help provide hope for his family can be found here.

Let VENGEANCE be Yours - Bidding Starts Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Old 11-20-2012, 10:24 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

as mentioned, we would have preferred to do a raffle as well but that isn't going to happen. we have been marketing the hell out of this thing for a year now and unless you know someone who wants take on the responsibility of doing things differently, we are going to be auctioning this jeep off on december 18th. again, i appreciate everyones enthusiasm for wanting to get more out of this that we'll most likely be able to with just a simple auction but, unless you're willing to donate your time, money and resources to make it happen, i need to assure you that we have looked into this extensively and are doing the best we can with what we know and have. at this point and time, if you really want to help out, please save your suggestions and help spread the word about this upcoming auction. with any luck, we'll find a good buyer for it. thank you.
Old 11-20-2012, 10:28 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by wayoflife
thank you.
I saw one post which led me to think this was open to discussion. Glad you settled on a plan.
Old 11-20-2012, 10:35 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by powrsurg
I saw one post which led me to think this was open to discussion. Glad you settled on a plan.
oh, we were open to viable suggestions all year long and are still open to people willing to donate their time, money and resources to do this better. we've always committed ourselves to selling this jeep one year from the time we bought it and, that will be on december 18th. unfortunately, discussion time is over and unless you're willing to do some footwork for us and in a hurry, yes, a plan has been settled on.

Last edited by wayoflife; 11-20-2012 at 10:38 AM.
Old 11-20-2012, 05:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default if all of us that would have bought a raffle ticket?

Been absent from forum for a long time,just caught wind of all of this(to all involved in one hell of a build for a great cause,Hats off to all of you,cannot say enough here)

Just skimming the big debate auction vs raffle,kinda got me thinking,If all of us that would have bought a $25 dollar ticket(but cannot afford to bid) instead make a $25 donation to the fund I see is still going,and the Jeep's auction

goes well.This could raise alot of money here and allow more people in the jeep community to take part,as mentioned earlier 1000 forum members=$25000

going to make my $25 donation now,need 999 more forum members to follow suit by dec 18th
Old 11-21-2012, 06:55 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by wayoflife

We'd love to do a raffle and have looked into it extensively and found that it simply cannot be done legally as it is a form of lotterly. If you are an expert on the matter, know things that we don't and you'd like to help us to set up one legally, we'd be most grateful.
I wish I did know more and could help. Best of luck raising money for the family. If I win the lotto be for the auction it will be good as SOLD!
Old 11-21-2012, 08:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

I know thw conversation sorta ended in regards to the raffle idea but please look at :

Donate to win two Harleys and a year worth of gas

When we went to Jeep Beach this was a part of the stop on the scavenger hunt. It was a sweepstakes you made a charitable contribution to a charity and depending on your amount, depended on how many tickets you bought. I just got off the phone with the company running this and they explained that according to their lawyers this is a sweepstakes and not a lottery. If anything you could reach out to them and see exactly how they bypassed the lottery term and made it a sweepstakes. I guess the only reason I'm trying so hard is I'd love to have the opportunity to own it. I wont bring it up again. Just an idea.
Old 11-21-2012, 09:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JkHauler
I know thw conversation sorta ended in regards to the raffle idea but please look at :

Donate to win two Harleys and a year worth of gas

When we went to Jeep Beach this was a part of the stop on the scavenger hunt. It was a sweepstakes you made a charitable contribution to a charity and depending on your amount, depended on how many tickets you bought. I just got off the phone with the company running this and they explained that according to their lawyers this is a sweepstakes and not a lottery. If anything you could reach out to them and see exactly how they bypassed the lottery term and made it a sweepstakes. I guess the only reason I'm trying so hard is I'd love to have the opportunity to own it. I wont bring it up again. Just an idea.

HHN looks like it is a registered charitable organization. This is how they are able to organize something like this. Unless Eddie wants to set up and become a charitable organization, I don't think its gonna happen.
Old 11-22-2012, 08:08 AM
JK Jedi

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Eddie this is truly a great thing you and Cindy took on and with the help of some great sponsors the build has gone from mild to wild! Seeing Vengeance perform on the trails and road I'd have to say someone is going to get a really cool build for a great cause! Happy Thanksgiving to you and all the sponsors who helped to make this day (well okay Dec. 18th) possible!
Old 11-22-2012, 08:48 PM
JK Newbie

Default Vengeance

What a tough looking rig! Anyone who owns this rig will truly be, The King of The Hill !
Old 11-30-2012, 04:44 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

A video about VENGEANCE is coming soon to YouTube! Stay tuned!

Quick Reply: Let VENGEANCE be Yours - Bidding Starts Tuesday, December 11, 2012