Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

X s standard features to Sahara or Rubicon...

Old 02-18-2007, 08:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question X s standard features to Sahara or Rubicon...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is the difference between the gauge cluster in the "X s" to the premium one offered in the Sahara and Rubicon?

Also is the floor console the same in the "X s" trim as the Sahara and Rubicon?
Old 02-18-2007, 11:32 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's my understanding that the 's' pkg X, Sahara and Rubicon have the exact same guage cluster and floor console. Only the 'b' and 'c' X's have the limited guages and smaller storage box.
Old 02-19-2007, 12:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

When I was reading Jeeps website it said that the X b,c & s package all have Instrument cluster with tachometer while the sahara & rubicon have premium clusters.

Also said the "S" package came with full length floor console but then in a side by side comparison said "X s" came with mini console.

It also appears "YES Essential Fabric" & deep tint windows is not an option for any "X" trims.

I was comparing the differences between the "X s" package and Sahara so I could see if I really wanted the Sahara or save a bit of money and get X.
It seemed the differences were those above plus the speakers which I would probably upgrade anyway, wheels which would be upgraded too.
I think the suspension is different.
Plus no under hood insulation on X.
Old 02-19-2007, 03:38 AM
JK Freak

On a similar note, the Rubi lists 6 different modules like "Complete Body in White Parts Module" and "Tire and Wheel Parts Module".
What are these and how are they different than the X and Saharas?
Old 02-19-2007, 03:40 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The instruments are the same, but the X does not have the silver trim ring around the gagues. Deep tint windows come with the "S" package on the X. The console is the same (at least in the Unlimited with S). 17" silver painted Moab wheels are optional ($295?) A comparably equipped (minus the axles, sway bar disco, and T-case) X will have an Invoice price approximately $5000 less than a Rubicon. Since the Rubicons are somewhat scarce right now, unless you order one you are actually looking at paying about a $6000 difference for the same options (- off road stuff). I weighed these options for a long time before deciding that I couldn't really afford the $6000 difference. I actually had found a dealer with a Rubicon in stock who was willing to sell it for $1000 over invoice before I bought my X.
Old 02-19-2007, 08:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Well I've pretty much decided that the Rubicon is more than I need so it's between X s and Sahara.

If X has the same gauges, floor console, available deep tint, available side steps.... and I'm not concerned with stereo or wheels (I will upgrade), then the things I would be losing out on would be "YES" fabric & under hood insulation.... I think. So the $2,385 difference in msrp would not be worth fabric & hood insulation. Its not even worth that plus upgraded wheels and stereo.

What else does the Sahara have besides body color fender flares?
Old 02-19-2007, 09:34 AM
JK Freak

For what's worth, I got the X with the upgrades...and sacrificed the YES fabric, painted fenders, and items such as insulation. But I actually liked the black fenders (even though I got a black jeep).. I got the 17" wheels, etc... all a matter of preference but I have no regrets (except when I see Rubicons twisting over rocks! )
Old 02-19-2007, 10:03 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by kaffeene
Well I've pretty much decided that the Rubicon is more than I need so it's between X s and Sahara.

If X has the same gauges, floor console, available deep tint, available side steps.... and I'm not concerned with stereo or wheels (I will upgrade), then the things I would be losing out on would be "YES" fabric & under hood insulation.... I think. So the $2,385 difference in msrp would not be worth fabric & hood insulation. Its not even worth that plus upgraded wheels and stereo.

What else does the Sahara have besides body color fender flares?
the X with "S" package gets the tinted windows, has the same guages, and floor console. side steps are available, but for the amount they cost, i'm going to get the aftermarket shrockworks rock rails (as the factory steps seem like they'll get ripped off/broken easily). the suspension and the engine are the SAME on the X/Sahara. basically, with the Sahara, you get painted fender flares, a slightly less crappy set of factory speakers/amp/sub, YES seats, sahara stickers, and a couple more thousand $$ on your loan. gl deciding.
Old 02-19-2007, 11:05 AM
JK Jedi

Between the X and the Sahara, it pretty much comes down to looks IMO. Loading up an X will bring you fairly close to the price of a Sahara. To me, the look of the Jeep Green painted flares and the khaki soft-top made it worth the extra bucks since I would have tried to achieve that look eventually anyways. Khaki tops are not available on the other models. The YES fabrics were worth a few extra bucks to me, too-- so far I like them. I'm ditching the side-steps so those weren't a factor.

Also, the wheels on the Sahara are too sparkly for me and will eventually be replaced-- but if you are sticking with stock tires for a while, the Sahara comes standard with slightly bigger 255/75/17's compared to the X's 245/75/16's.
Old 02-19-2007, 11:47 AM
JK Freak

concerning the YES seats - http://wetokole.net/page/WOH/PROD/JP/JEEPWRANG4F

these (compatible with side airbags and fully customizable with pockets/lumbar support) helped me let go of the Rubicon's YES seats (it was either Rubicon or X for me, never even considered the Sahara)

Quick Reply: X s standard features to Sahara or Rubicon...