Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

WTF ? plastic fastners on top of the grill ????

Old 04-20-2008, 10:43 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default WTF#2 How do you get the grill off @ bottom ?

I got the grommets of at the top , Now how does the bottom come loose ? Its an 08 and seems to be different than the 07s.
Old 04-20-2008, 11:01 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the same problem, there is another thread around here somewhere that covered the problem.

Take a sharp pointy screw, I used a drywall screw, and screw it into the top of the plastic screw 1/2 to 1 turn, then you can just pull up on the drywall screw and the plastic one will come right out, the insert will pop out easily. I re-used them just fine.

As for the bottom retaining clips, I just pulled the top of the grill out a little, stuck my arm in and gently pushed on the bottom workinig my way across, I think there were 4 or 5 clips, they come out easily.

I was too lazy to look for the other thread so a big thanks to whoever gave the advice before.
Old 04-22-2008, 12:42 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's a 2 part clip.
There is a middle that pops out with a flat head screw driver, small.
And an outer that just pulls out.
Pry up the center, doesn't take much and pull the center.

I had to do this to put in the last Grill insert.

Quick Reply: WTF ? plastic fastners on top of the grill ????