Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Write up: Soft Brake Pedal? ABS Module Bleed (J-Scan)

Old 04-01-2023, 05:50 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks

This write up saved me a lot of time rebleeding lines when my issue was ABS related. Also introduced me to Jscan. So thanks again, that app returns huge value for the cost.
Old 10-13-2023, 05:32 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default brakes bleeder tool

[QUOTE=Rednroll;4385995]Introduction:
In this write-up I'm going to show the least expensive and best way to perform an ABS Brake Module Bleed using the OBD J-Scan app.

Observed Problems where you may want to perform this task:
- You are experience a soft brake pedal.
- You've bled your brake lines multiple times, and are certain you are not able to get anymore air out of your brake lines but your brake pedal still feels soft.
- You suspect your ABS module is bad, and would like to confirm that part is bad before making an expensive part replacement.
- You've replaced your ABS brake module and now need to bleed the module and would like to perform the bleed yourself instead of taking it to the dealership.
- Your brake fluid is old/dirty and you want to perform a COMPLETE brake fluid replacement flush

Tools/Parts Needed:
1. OBD-II Wireless Adapter (Wifi or Bluetooth)
I'm using a V-tech Wifi OBD-II adapter which I purchased in 2010. It was an inexpensive $20 adapter

2. A Smartphone or Tablet Device (to install the J-scan app)
3. OBD JScan App
Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...hl=en_US&gl=US
iOS: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/obd-jscan/id1445903514
4. 11mm Wrench (Front Brake Bleeder Valves)
5. 10mm Wrench (Rear Brake Bleeder Valves)
6. Dot 3 Brake Fluid (1QT)
7. DIY Brake Bleeder Tool
- Empty Plastic Bottle with a cap (Clear preferred)
- 2ft of 1/4" ID Clear Tubing

??? - Why would you need to drill a hole near the top of container for the clear tubing? why not just insert the tubing in the open top without the cap. all these extra steps make no sense at all. No tubing hole or air vent holes are needed since the end of the tubing will be at the bottom of the container, submerged in the brake fluid.

Quick Reply: Write up: Soft Brake Pedal? ABS Module Bleed (J-Scan)