Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Wrangler X vs. Rubicon

Old 07-14-2010, 07:40 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GoodysGotaCuda
You aren't the only one.

I guess thats a good thing?
I bought mine when the JK's were very expensive: 40,000$ CAN (txs and all fees included)

Don't say a f***** word !!!
Old 07-14-2010, 08:05 PM
JK Freak

yeah, my 2dr rubi ran me $27K
Old 07-17-2010, 06:42 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by matt852
I'm planning on buying a second jeep for my wife and I was wondering if it would be cheaper to buy and build up an X now instead of a Rubicon. I'm talking suspension wise excluding all the interior upgrades and gps computer thing. I'm thinking of going bare bones with the the 6 speed and only the AC for the extra. I found a really good deal for a 2 door bare bones mango tango for 19K new. I saw the two door rubicon on the same lot going for 28K.

Thanks
I bought my first rubicon about 5 months ago and got a 07 with a 3 inch suspension lift, sitting on 35's with after market wheels. it has power everything except seats. i only payed 23k for it. just do some research and get the rubi the lockers are definately worth it!! i dont know how many times they have got me from being stuck, to back wheeling
Old 07-17-2010, 06:50 PM
JK Super Freak

Doesn't anyone buy used vehicles around here? If you look around at them, and/or take them in to be checked out, a major cost drop from a slightly used one can turn into mods...er, I mean SAVINGS. That's how I picked up my Rubicon, from a retiree who basically just used it as a spare car to pull behind his RV and didn't know what he really had.
Old 07-17-2010, 06:51 PM
JK Freak

ARB's 1700
Compressor 250
Bearings 300
Rubicrawler 1800
Disconnects 130
Gears 350
Labor 1300
$4530

The lift, wheels, tires, and so forth would be the same.... The Front Dana 44 would be nice, but not really mandatory unless you're going to be running 40's...

I would have preferred to have gone with the RUBICON....
Old 07-17-2010, 07:10 PM
JK Freak

You need to decide on the purpose of this JK. If it's going to be your wifes DD rarely seeing off-road except for the family camping trip she will never need lockers/tcase/D44 front/etc. If your wife loves going off-road with you and actually uses the differences between an X and a Rubi then it's a no brainer -get the Rubi.

I got my Rubi used off the lot w/out elec windows & alarm (but with navi and stereo) for $23.5k. My 36k mile warranty is essentially useless because of all the mods I've done so their "lifetime warranty" never mattered to me.

Quick Reply: Wrangler X vs. Rubicon