Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Would you?....

Old 04-18-2008, 01:39 AM
JK Jedi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My preference was an auto, I guess the question is, is a 6 speed worth $3K to you?
Old 04-18-2008, 05:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

love the auto, way better when stuck in the trails of traffic.
Old 04-18-2008, 06:22 AM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I think it's unfair to say one trans is better than the other. They each have their advantages. I can say with some degree of certainty that a clutch would fail before a torque converter. I think I can also say that an auto will overheat before a manual. Would my assumptions be right every time? Hell no. They each have their place. I would personally rather tow with an auto. It's smoother and easier...to ME. I think offroad, a manual can have some advantages. Just my opinion. What's that worth? Not even a cup of coffee. I got the auto because that's what I wanted. I ain't gonna piss in somebody's corn flakes cause they like a stick. It all boils down to personal preference.

Quick Reply: Would you?....