Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Wonder if these rock rails are any more sturdy that the Rubicon's included ones?

Old 12-05-2006, 07:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Those rock rails seem to let place to bigger tires than the stock one so even on a Rubicon, you should haveto change the rock rail. What about the body that was hide behind (doesn't look by myself but read on another post), what should be done with it. I fear a little bit to hammer it as mine is lease. I will surely buy it at the end but don't want to take a chance (if I got a lemon, I will have good time taking another one with new engine option)
Old 12-05-2006, 07:27 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by SpudRacer
As a doubting Thomas, I find it hard to believe they made it up that ledge without using a winch or tow strap. I'd need to see the video to believe it...

Tom
Bryson City, NC
If it were anyone else, I would probably doubt it as well but Mel is an experienced Jeeper and have no reason to doubt that he made it. In the end, even a hooked up Jeep is only as good as it's driver.
Old 01-08-2007, 09:09 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by wayoflife
I should point out that these rock rails are the same ones Off Road Evolution has on their JK and protected them through this...
Nice... I'm just thinking the tubing might bend inwards at some point -- there is no re-inforcement in the center like the Body Armor....

Thanks for the pics!

js.
Old 01-08-2007, 10:39 AM
JK Newbie

Those pictures are completely impressive. I can't believe what some drivers are capabile of doing with these things.
Old 01-08-2007, 10:41 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Dutch
Those pictures are completely impressive. I can't believe what some drivers are capabile of doing with these things.

No kidding.

My pucker string doesnt go that taut.

Quick Reply: Wonder if these rock rails are any more sturdy that the Rubicon's included ones?