Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Wipers and lights issue

Old 02-24-2020, 05:24 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wipers and lights issue

So the other day i went trail riding and sunk my jeep in about waist deep water. this morning i get in to go to work and my windshield wipers won’t cut off, headlights stay on, dash not working, and no brake lights or turn signals. i’ve tried taking my negative betters terminal off for a while but still having the same issues when i plug it back up. Any ideas or suggestions on how to fix this problem?
Old 02-24-2020, 04:18 PM
Former Member

Received 142 Likes on 140 Posts

This doesn't sound good. Some wires got water somewhere along the line. Hopefully you didn't cause a short in anything big! If you know how high the water went you may want to start disconnecting connectors and making sure they are dry and clean. Somewhere the water got into a wiring harness. Be sure to look carefully where all the electronics are. They sit pretty high but may have got soaked anyway. Hopefully it is just a connector and not a major component.
Old 02-25-2020, 03:40 PM
Super Moderator

Received 78 Likes on 72 Posts

Clean up all connections and wiring you can find. Sounds TIPM related possibly.
The following users liked this post:
user 729872082 (02-25-2020)

Quick Reply: Wipers and lights issue