Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Windshield Wiper Linkage Keeps Popping Out!!!

Old 08-19-2011, 08:39 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Windshield Wiper Linkage Keeps Popping Out!!!

In short, my passenger side windshield wiper does not move when the wipers are on; only the driver side. I took everything apart and the linkage is off. So, I put it back on -- there are no nuts or bolts, etc; you just put it back on. Well, once it was on I tested the wipers. At a low level they work fine. Once the speed goes up, the linkage comes off again. WTF!?

Is it suppose to just pop right on? I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I've even take pliers and squeezed the linkage back on, and it still pops off.

Any help and advice would be great before I have to take my Jeep over to the stealership.
Old 08-20-2011, 04:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They started using "pop" on linkages since the 90's to connect linkages (the TJs even use them for the Transfer Case shifter). Yes, they're supposed to pop on, but once they pop off they'll need to be replaced.
Old 08-20-2011, 11:07 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tavic
They started using "pop" on linkages since the 90's to connect linkages (the TJs even use them for the Transfer Case shifter). Yes, they're supposed to pop on, but once they pop off they'll need to be replaced.
Thanks! Went to the dealership today to order new links. I scored a great deal too. Got the whole set up (links and motor) for just a little over $100. Perhaps I'll do a small write up on the install, which should be quick and easy!

Quick Reply: Windshield Wiper Linkage Keeps Popping Out!!!