Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Windshield Wiper Issue

Old 09-22-2014, 05:10 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default closest issue to mine so I will post here and make a thread

As it has been said many times by Anti jeepers and people with experience, these new jeeps and their electrical system just aren't designed for mudding.

Right to the issues. Turned my jeep on two weeks ago in the middle of a dry spout and my windshield wipers were on...... I hadn't turned them on, so I proceeded to turn them off only to discover the switch was in the off position... Ok Curious...
I turned the Jeep off and back on and it fixed the issue for a week. Then it happened again so I pulled the fuse and drove around for a bit. When I did this, it disabled my blinkers as well. Not a biggie, I put the fuse back and it fixed the issue for a day or so. Then The same thing happened again, but this time nothing has resolved the issue in the conventional sense: New Fuse, Disconnected battery to reset battery, started and restarted vehicle. And the blinkers aren't working even with the fuse in.

I found the thread about the position sensor in the motor itself, and I am going to play with that tomorrow........... Is there a wiper relay somewhere I should look at as well?

Window stopped working: I noticed the typical bulb burnout around 55K.... but the other day the driver window began acting really funky. I would flick the switch, nothing, flick again, it would work. I would flick the switch and nothing, I would open and close the door, flick again and it would work. I bought a new switch for the windows and I will be installing that tomorrow, I will repost if that is a fix..... But should there be something else I should consider.

Seatbelts froze up, I was able to free up the driver, but the passenger is super stuck.

Quick Reply: Windshield Wiper Issue