Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Windshield Question

Old 02-11-2009, 05:08 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JayhawkJK
I know a lot of people are having their windshields replaced for rock chips and cracks, but this is a little different. My windshield has been hit by enough gravel over the last two winters that it has a bunch of really tiny "pits" in it. It looks like I have gotten a little drizzle on the windshield. When I clean it it makes is even ore obvious. My question is this: Is there any sort of glaze or compound that you can buff the windshield with that would fill those in? If not, what is the going rate on a new windshield installed?

Thanks!
Yes, you can rub those chips out with a BRICK!

Sorry one or two small chips, there is a fix. But if you have that hit with a shotgun look, time to replace.
Old 02-12-2009, 03:42 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by berg
Yes, you can rub those chips out with a BRICK!

Sorry one or two small chips, there is a fix. But if you have that hit with a shotgun look, time to replace.
I never thought of using a brick. Great idea!
Old 02-12-2009, 03:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Im gonna rub chips out with a BRICK on my boss's car
Old 02-13-2009, 05:42 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by RubiJK
Wow, dont you guys have a glass policy with your insurance? Mine comes with the std coverage. We have windshield replacement companies at about every car wash that hound you to either fix a chip, or replace it for free. They bill the ins company, order the glass, come to your house within a couple of days and throw it on. All free. All easy...
yeah but you pay for that type of coverage in your car insurance premiums. You either pay about $10 a month for the comp coverage or you pay $200 when its time to finally replace your JKs cracked windshield.

Quick Reply: Windshield Question