Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Windshield Help

Old 02-16-2011, 06:08 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Windshield Help

This is my first post I think? I have been trying to find somewhere that I can get windshield hinges for my 2010/JK. I have not touched the current brackets with a wrench yet and have never seen a JK with the windshield folded down yet. They do fold don't they? Please help, I know of a couple more people that have looked also with no luck!
My HEEP is still pretty much stock so far but that will change once the weather isn't -30c. If I can figure out how to put a picture or two up I will?
Thanks for the help
Old 02-16-2011, 06:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yes, you can fold it down. There is a section in the owners manual that has instructions. However, it breaks some paint when you do it at the hinges and screws and it's not legal for on-road use. I wouldn't recommend it.

Oh yeah, and welcome to the forum!
Old 02-16-2011, 06:24 PM
JK Newbie

u will find it leaks after (water)
Old 02-16-2011, 06:54 PM
JK Freak

im a big hunter i lay the window down once a month or more no air or water leaks on mine also no chiped paint takes a bit of time i need 2 upgrade 2 the or-fab front roll bar its safer and faster be careful i broke my window the first time i did this the glass is so close to the hood hinge and the hood is maid of beer cans, it flexes like crazy, hit a lil bump and its all over i got the dealer 2 warranty it and i built spacers 1" taller and its been great
Old 02-17-2011, 03:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Ok, I don't know why he said they all leak after then.
Old 02-17-2011, 05:39 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by whataheep
This is my first post I think? I have been trying to find somewhere that I can get windshield hinges for my 2010/JK. I have not touched the current brackets with a wrench yet and have never seen a JK with the windshield folded down yet. They do fold don't they? Please help, I know of a couple more people that have looked also with no luck!
My HEEP is still pretty much stock so far but that will change once the weather isn't -30c. If I can figure out how to put a picture or two up I will?
Thanks for the help
Yes, they do fold down. You do not need to purchase anything. Just get a wrench and go to town. The directions are in the owners manual

and it's not legal for on-road use
In my state, the legal issue is not with the windshield. The issue is using eye protection.
Old 02-17-2011, 07:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Here you go!

Originally Posted by whataheep
Thanks for the help
JK with the windshield folded down pics:

Quick Reply: Windshield Help