Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Windows won't go down. #!^%$@!

Old 08-05-2010, 09:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Windows won't go down. #!^%$@!

So I jump in to the Jeep this morning, Late for work... as always. Hit the switch to drop the windows and.... Nothing. The left or the right one won't roll down. The doors lock but nothing from the windows.

I haven't had time to look. However, I'm thinking it's a fuse but what happened to make the fuse pop? (If that is really what it is)

I really should spell check before I hit post.
Old 08-05-2010, 09:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine did that once. I just left them up on the way to work. That afternoon they worked fine. This was about a year ago and had no more problems.
Old 08-05-2010, 09:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TheKid25
Mine did that once. I just left them up on the way to work. That afternoon they worked fine. This was about a year ago and had no more problems.
Really? Far out. That's crazy that it never happened again.
Here to hoping!
Old 08-05-2010, 10:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

mine didn't work the other day either, but then after checking fuses I realized that I forgot to reconnect the switches after installing a lockpick.
Old 08-05-2010, 10:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HotFrosty
Really? Far out. That's crazy that it never happened again.
Here to hoping!
Yeah, no kidding. Now I'm battling the phantom horn blowing, but I've gotten caught with top off in the rain a few times. There are numerous threads about that problem. I thought that had stopped, but started blowing again yesterday at work.
Old 08-05-2010, 11:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by krech
mine didn't work the other day either, but then after checking fuses I realized that I forgot to reconnect the switches after installing a lockpick.
I haven't had time to mess with anything from yesterday when they did roll down to today when they don't.

Originally Posted by TheKid25
Yeah, no kidding. Now I'm battling the phantom horn blowing, but I've gotten caught with top off in the rain a few times. There are numerous threads about that problem. I thought that had stopped, but started blowing again yesterday at work.
I would be freaking pissed if my horn just started honking. That might be the thing that broke the back, if that started on me too.
Old 08-05-2010, 11:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by HotFrosty
So I jump in to the Jeep this morning, Late for work... as always. Hit the switch to drop the windows and.... Nothing. The left or the right one won't roll down. The doors lock but nothing from the windows.
Mine has done that to me twice now. All I did was turn off the Jeep, then turn it back on and the situation cleared itself. I have no idea what causes this weird behavior.
Old 08-05-2010, 01:17 PM
JK Freak

mine did that too till i realized shit, i don't have power windows. i just hadn't bothered to roll them down yet!

no power, no problems.
Old 08-05-2010, 04:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Step 1: Grasp crank
Step 2: Rotate with hand
Step 3: Enjoy the breeze

Oh wait... you have those fancy-pants electonicical power window roller-upper devices....
Old 08-06-2010, 08:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Hbomb
mine did that too till i realized shit, i don't have power windows. i just hadn't bothered to roll them down yet!

no power, no problems.
LOL, Sound like you have a totally different problem then what I'm having.

Originally Posted by zacjackson
Step 1: Grasp crank
Step 2: Rotate with hand
Step 3: Enjoy the breeze
I normally don't talk about my private life in public... wait, what are we talking about again?
Reminds me of a joke: I was involved in a car jacking. Luckily, none got on the seat.

Just as Moridin said: when I started it up after work it was just fine. Like nothing ever happened.
Thanks for keeping me from pulling fuses and tracing wire, just to find nothing.

Last edited by HotFrosty; 08-06-2010 at 08:31 AM.

Quick Reply: Windows won't go down. #!^%$@!