Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Will warranty cover front driveshaft?

Old 06-01-2015, 05:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dealer covered mine at no cost.
Old 06-01-2015, 05:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jadmt
yes 2.5" RK

as was said that is not replaceable like the larger pleated boot. I bet it is covered. Not an area that would generally suffer offroad damage.
I was planning the 1.5" RK but after bashing over everything possible I'm considering the 2.5" RK as well.

I'll check with a local dealer and worst case maybe end up with a takeoff. Don't think I have the funds to get a lift and tires just to get a longer drive shaft.
Old 06-01-2015, 05:18 PM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by auceny
I was planning the 1.5" RK but after bashing over everything possible I'm considering the 2.5" RK as well.

I'll check with a local dealer and worst case maybe end up with a takeoff. Don't think I have the funds to get a lift and tires just to get a longer drive shaft.
I am super happy with the 2.5" RK (I was with the 1.5" too) I just swapped front driveshafts to a new dana spicer and it nice. I had no issues with stock so far but I went with a rancho ypipe mod and it hung down too low for my liking so I went back to a stock ypipe and got the new drive shaft.
Old 06-01-2015, 05:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jeeptk93
Dealer covered mine at no cost.
Thanks. Will take it in next time I have a chance.
Old 06-03-2015, 08:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jadmt
I am super happy with the 2.5" RK (I was with the 1.5" too) I just swapped front driveshafts to a new dana spicer and it nice. I had no issues with stock so far but I went with a rancho ypipe mod and it hung down too low for my liking so I went back to a stock ypipe and got the new drive shaft.
We'll see what I decide whenever the time comes. Could be a ways off still sadly.

Just went to the dealer and they're going to replace the front driveshaft. That's a relief.

Quick Reply: Will warranty cover front driveshaft?