Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Wierd Clank Or Clunk From Under Jeep

Old 12-04-2009, 04:06 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wierd Clank Or Clunk From Under Jeep

SO its starting to get cold around here in Indiana. 23 this morning. When i start the jeep up all is good but when i go to pull out of my parking spot as soon as i go to let off clutch it clunks from under the jeep. This noise sounds like a clunk or a pop kinda. I think its cause of the cold and i go ahead and drive to work. (30 minute drive)

When i make it to work i have heard no such sound anymore until i come to a complete stop and notice it does it again only when im stopped and then i start to roll again. I have a manual transmission and this is freaking me out.

Anyone have similar issues??? Is it just because of the cold????
Old 03-02-2010, 06:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Mine make a popping/clunking noise when I press the clutch in when im backing out of a parking spot or at a low rpm in 1st!!!
Old 03-02-2010, 07:18 AM
JK Newbie

Mine often makes a loud *CLUNK* from somewhere in the rear when I push the clutch IN in first gear to shift to second (no gas). No idea, I thought it was a jeep thing. I notice if i stay on the gas a little bit, it does not make the clunk...

Quick Reply: Wierd Clank Or Clunk From Under Jeep