Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Why No Engine Block Heater?

Old 07-26-2011, 04:05 AM
cmg
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why No Engine Block Heater?

It seems like no dealer orders jeeps with engine block heaters. Whats up with that? I live in the north east and its a $35 option. Why do they not just throw it in there?

CG
Old 07-26-2011, 04:22 AM
JK Super Freak

Makes no sense to me either, some do not include it guess they do the math...their cost 2.00 X 80,000 vehicals. My JKU came stock with it, must be default for Canada. It a upgrade worth it...when its 20 bellow I use my to help the oil lube on start up...anything to keep our 3.8 L's happy
Old 07-26-2011, 06:47 AM
JK Freak

I do believe that most dealers have the block heaters installed in the vehicles that they sell in Canada. Maybe in B.C. it is an option, but almost everywhere else it is a must have.
Old 07-26-2011, 07:01 AM
JK Super Freak

Most car company websites if you go to the "build your own" option and click on engine block heater it says that they come standard in a lot of northern states. You might be able to get it for free if the website states it. I know Fords in WI are suppose to have heaters as standard equipment (at least F150's)
Old 07-26-2011, 07:30 AM
JK Freak

Mine came stock here. Must be a Canadian thing.
Old 07-26-2011, 07:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

You really expect Chrysler to think outside of the box?
Old 07-26-2011, 10:41 AM
cmg
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by danmojo82
Most car company websites if you go to the "build your own" option and click on engine block heater it says that they come standard in a lot of northern states. You might be able to get it for free if the website states it. I know Fords in WI are suppose to have heaters as standard equipment (at least F150's)
I suppose North Western Massachusetts must not qualify for enough cold days for it to be considered standard since it only get really cold a few days out of the year. oh well.

Originally Posted by Lilahs Jeep
You really expect Chrysler to think outside of the box?
Actually I though maybe when the dealers placed the orders maybe they would have actually though of it, but that probably even more far fetched of an idea then Chrysler thinking outside the box considering my local dealer is more concerned with telling me how wrong I am for the configuration I want

CG

Quick Reply: Why No Engine Block Heater?