Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Why does no one like the Bridgestone Dueler Tires?

Old 05-06-2009, 01:41 PM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by JKRINGO
The high testosterone and low common sense of some on this forum is amazing. Although I'll probably to more aggressive tire when the time comes, the Duellers have at least for me proved to be a decent all around tire.
My opinion is my opinion, and it comes from years of experience in the tire/suspension/alignment business. Firestone has a checkered past. Ask anyone whose been in the tire business a while. Better yet, ask anyone whose had a blowout in a Ford Explorer. I have a friend whose daughter was severely injured in an Explorer because of Firestones. They have always made crappy tires. The 721, the Firehawk, the Criterion.....you're probably not old enough to remember that one. I have seen some Firestones seperated while still on the rack and never installed. No testosterone involved in my opinion I assure you. Maybe Firestone has cleaned up their act, I don't know. But for this white boy, I ain't about to find out. Maybe next time you should think before saying something stupid.
Old 05-06-2009, 03:48 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think after the Ford/Firestone mess, they were likely making some of the best tires out there (they had to!). My experiences are more with Bridgestone Potenza tires on a sports car, and I couldn't have been happier with their performance vs. the GoodYear Eagles I replaced. My personal experience has been more sour with GoodYear and Michelin... won't ever own either brand again if I can help it. Absolutely horrible luck with GoodYear Wrangler RT/S series tires on a Ranger FX4 and SportTrac 4x4 - wretched wet/snow/ice traction, bulging and dry-rot cracking sidewalls at low mileage, etc. Both times I replaced with BF Goodrich rubber, and both times were excellent choices - I'd definitely own BFG's again.

I guess opinions are like @$$ho!e$, everyone's got one, and folks are free to think yours stinks. Personally, the Duelers on my Sahara have been fine for the mild stuff I've put them through. As others have said, these probably won't be my first choice for replacement skins, but so far no complaints.

Last edited by Hopper; 05-06-2009 at 04:45 PM.
Old 05-06-2009, 05:24 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

haha i think they are going to come stock on this vehicle when jeep-fiat bring it into production.

http://www.autobloggreen.com/2009/03...t-panda-cross/
Old 05-06-2009, 05:26 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by RextheJeep
What has happen to make you dislike these tires so much. I have them on my jeep and I have had no problems. Why do you guys dislike them so much!
Mine came with SR-A's. I just replaced 3, and then I'm going to large M/T's.
Old 05-06-2009, 05:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Matt08jk
And lets be honest, how many Rubicon owners on this forum are even satisfied with the BFG KM's anyway?
I've been happy with mine - up snowy/ice hills, through muskeg - not the greatest on icy highways, but once you know what to expect, there's nothing to complain about... When these are due for replacement, I'll likely opt for the KM2's - but don't see a need right away.
Old 05-06-2009, 06:17 PM
JK Junkie

I have to agree with what was has been said...don't look good on a lifted Jeep...not aggressive enough for offroading. They are a good tire for street use.
Old 05-06-2009, 10:34 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by petenice15
I felt like I was driving a minivan when I had them on.

you were!

Quick Reply: Why does no one like the Bridgestone Dueler Tires?