Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Why does no one like the Bridgestone Dueler Tires?

Old 05-04-2009, 01:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why does no one like the Bridgestone Dueler Tires?

What has happen to make you dislike these tires so much. I have them on my jeep and I have had no problems. Why do you guys dislike them so much!
Old 05-04-2009, 02:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

My opinion is you don't put out a street tire and call it an all terain. To be perfectly honest with you my golf cart has more aggressive tires than that. My wifes two wheel drive Titan came with a much better all terain.
Old 05-04-2009, 03:18 AM
JK Newbie

I have them and have no issues.....
great ride.....
wearing well.....
for the type of off roading I do..... no problems.....
that's the key..... what do you want to do ?
Old 05-04-2009, 03:50 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think they are great, for the driving that I do. ok, so I may not replace them with the same Deuler but they are definitely good enough to keep until they wear out.

But that is for me, I mean you are not really going to want a skateboarding shoe to go hiking through the mountains. I got the Sahara because I would not realistically be going out to find crazy rocks or mud every weekend.

And lets be honest, how many Rubicon owners on this forum are even satisfied with the BFG KM's anyway?

I have tried 33x12.5 R17 Mickey thompson MTZ's and I will never go to an E rated tire again....I don't even think a D rater tire would be that nice. The bridgestones are a P tire I believe which makes them a much better tire for ride quality.

I believe the General Grabber AT2 may be a slightly more aggressive all terrain tire with similar specifications.
Old 05-04-2009, 03:59 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have them until tomorrow... they ride fine but they look like little girl tires
Old 05-04-2009, 04:29 AM
JK Junkie

If you're using your Jeep for mostly on-road and minor off-road applications they're great.

If you like challenging trails and thick mud, forget it! Oh, and they don't really look all that good on a lifted Jeep either.
Old 05-04-2009, 05:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RextheJeep
What has happen to make you dislike these tires so much. I have them on my jeep and I have had no problems. Why do you guys dislike them so much!
they don't like water(any-even wet asphalt)and hate snow.......
Old 05-04-2009, 05:26 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

all of the above.......
Old 05-04-2009, 06:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

I kind of like the philosophy of one "old timer" when he said. "Wheel what you got". I have the duelers and found them to be a decent tire for what they are. Street, dirt/gravel roads, and very mild trailing. I even took mine out to play, aired them down and went on 3 different trails with modified jeeps and while I had a lot of fear about the sidewalls, they did just fine. In fact on the dirt and rocks we were in, they weren't the weak link....my plastic running boards were (and ground clearance over the big rocks).

I found them to be fine this last winter in snow, water and ice. I just bought a set of rubi take-off's that I will put on for trail excursions now, but will keep the Duelers for my daily street and road activity.
Old 05-04-2009, 07:41 AM
JK Super Freak

No problems with mine except that they didnt like deep mud....

Quick Reply: Why does no one like the Bridgestone Dueler Tires?