Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Who's got a hard rock package?

Old 01-06-2015, 09:54 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought the HR because it had the color option I preferred. The package is cosmetic other than the very minor difference in springs that increase the height less than 1 inch over a standard Rubicon. A loaded Rubicon and a Hard Rock with the same options are not $4,500 apart in MSRP. There may be better discounts for standard Rubicons. I took delivery from dealer stock with only $3,600 off MSRP, but I had few options for what I wanted.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1464985636.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	67.0 KB
ID:	590945  
Old 01-07-2015, 12:50 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

Originally Posted by Nbjeep
I went to the dealer out of curiosity and we built one the way I would order it.
added 4.10s, AC with auto temp, HardTop and 430N
We then built a Rubicon with the same options.
The difference in price was less than $1000. By the time you buy a hood and the cheapest metal front and rear bumpers the Hard Rock costs less when you compare apples to apples. What everybody fails to consider in that extra $4500 is that the Hard Rock comes standard with leather, heated seats and the nicer hood.

Most opinions I had read always tout that the hood and bumpers are not worth $4500. I agree but when you build the Rubicon with the options that are standard equipment on the Hard Rock it's a better deal than you think.
That was my findings as well, I ran a spread sheet used chrysler prices then did the same with true car and cars direct You get a lot for the hard rock package and I think the springs are heavier ratings . Plus knowing that I just spent all this money on a new jeep means there won't be any $$$$ available for a while. The hood looks really nice and the bumpers seem pretty beefy . so I think that they might be .

But when I modded my current ruby 4 door 08 when I added the warn bumper a mid priced bumper $750 it weighed 155lbs and a smitty built 10 k winch my front springs mushed out so That meant I had to get a new springs HD one and new shocks and well a OME lift with track bars etc. $2000 gotta say though the jeep looks good runs great but I don't want o have to go through that again because for the time period that the springs were smushed I could use it off road. and there came to my knowledge a pretty good understanding of where bumps and pot holes were That I had to avoid ignored to avoid bottom out the suspension ( In a jeep!!!! )

so to avoid althaea hassle that is where I am heading?

anyone order their jeep from a dealer and have it modded at the dealer at the dealers cost? as opposed to a ridiculous mark up?

Quick Reply: Who's got a hard rock package?