Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Who in the world designed these Shafts?!

Old 07-02-2012, 07:31 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who in the world designed these Shafts?!

Its unbelievable that not only did some propose these to be on the JK, but then someone even dumber said "Sure that sounds like a good idea". So my front shaft is gone completely at the ludicrously idiotic CV joint thats stuck to it. Therefore I have removed the whole thing for the time being and I am looking for a replacement, anything that doesnt have a CV joint. I am looking at this Rubicon Express one on quadratec.com that says it has a CVO joint or something....but in the picture it obviously has a double cardan joint...I'm not sure what thats all about, but has anyone used this one? and have some opinions on it? The reason im looking at this one and not the Tom Woods or Rugged Ridge is that this is the only one in my price range, if I get one of those it will honestly be about a year or so before I can replace it. Any thoughts?

Thanks!
Old 07-02-2012, 08:14 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TheTerribleJeep
Its unbelievable that not only did some propose these to be on the JK, but then someone even dumber said "Sure that sounds like a good idea". So my front shaft is gone completely at the ludicrously idiotic CV joint thats stuck to it. Therefore I have removed the whole thing for the time being and I am looking for a replacement, anything that doesnt have a CV joint. I am looking at this Rubicon Express one on quadratec.com that says it has a CVO joint or something....but in the picture it obviously has a double cardan joint...I'm not sure what thats all about, but has anyone used this one? and have some opinions on it? The reason im looking at this one and not the Tom Woods or Rugged Ridge is that this is the only one in my price range, if I get one of those it will honestly be about a year or so before I can replace it. Any thoughts?

Thanks!
CV joints are better at stock angles then dc joint
Old 07-02-2012, 03:44 PM
JK Newbie

three letters rcv shafts and dont look back
Old 07-02-2012, 03:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 2012_UR
three letters rcv shafts and dont look back
He's talking driveshafts bud.
Old 07-02-2012, 05:24 PM
JK Newbie

haha well none the less rcv's still rule
Old 07-02-2012, 05:49 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2012_UR
haha well none the less rcv's still rule

Quick Reply: Who in the world designed these Shafts?!