Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Who likes the ESP?

Old 10-10-2007, 11:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i like the ESP. it provides great traction and assurance especially mentioned with the earlier posts on ignorant drivers.

my jeep dealer also told me they can adjust sensitivity. they see it more often with the Unlimited.
Old 10-10-2007, 11:32 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's a lot of fun on dirt roads...when there's no one else around of course.
Old 10-10-2007, 03:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Saved my rear

The ESP saved my rear when I was cruisin' in 2WD on a dirt road at night a few weeks back. I came over a quick hill to find that it quickly went to the left and down the back of the hill, I cranked the steering while braking to prevent me from going into the ditch...to my rescue, the ESP control set in and kept me on course and in a nice tight turn. From that point forward, I've been a fan.
Old 10-10-2007, 08:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default crap

i've got a 5.5 inch lift 37inch tires and have not been real happy with the esp thus far i had the esp flashed when i got the jeep lifted but still can't take an onramp over 15 mph everyone says if your steering wheel is off even a fraction of an inch it causes trouble but i've screwed with mine 10 times and still have trouble so if anyone is able to turn it off i'd like to know how i hear that with a rubi you can turn it off by holding the button for more than 5 secs. well i'm one of the a-holes who diden't spring for that important option ouch!
Old 10-10-2007, 10:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Like what it does on wet streets, but drives me crazy on my daily clover leaf.
Old 10-11-2007, 03:22 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Ge99ne
uGGGGHH.
For some reason I still prefer the freedom to speak out. I thought our troops are fighting to preserve freedom and the American way. Congressmen are still citizens & should have freedom of speech. Without such they are not an effective check/balance.
no. if i'm not allowed to call a President a no talent half retarded ass hat, then no representative of the govt is allowed to undermine my efforts, either.

on topic:

i'm with HC. we don't get a lot of snow here, but i do love some power sliding on slick roads. ESP takes the risk out of it.
Old 10-11-2007, 04:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jared1843
Mine is killing me on the road. Any kind of off camber tight curve, which are everywhere here, and it goes off. Really pisses me off. If I could turn it off I would..... Even permanently.
Did you recenter your steering wheel after you put on your FT 3" Premium? I have the same lift with 35's and mine kept going off until I centered the steering wheel. After a while it started going off again and I looked under and found the rear track bar relocation braket was loose, that was causing it to go off. Finally, if your front adjustable track bar is not set right, that could cause it to go off too.

After I fixed everything on mine, it hasn't gone off since.

Good luck!
Old 10-11-2007, 04:30 PM
JK Freak

I would prefer the ESP only worked at speeds over 45 MPH. I wish it did not work at all in 4HI. I get tired of holding the button in to turn it off.
Old 10-11-2007, 08:03 PM
JK Freak

No problems here. I have a 4" lift with 37's and the only time mine has ever engaged was when I took my first test drive after installing the lift. My steering wheel was almost 90 degrees out. I straighened the wheel and all has been good since.

I hope I don't regret posting this.
Old 10-11-2007, 08:51 PM
JK Jedi

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I did in my Mercedes- but not in this Jeep.

Luckily it doesn't happen that often.

Quick Reply: Who likes the ESP?