Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Who likes the ESP?

Old 08-22-2007, 12:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Who likes the ESP?

I have yet to notice the ESP do anything on my stock Sahara unlimited. Does the esp light in the dash flash when it starts doing something (I have had other cars with ESP that did this)?

Also.. I have heard that people hate it offroad... has anybody found it helpful? - if so, what did it do that was nice? ...or do you just turn it off when your in the dirt?

I know its no where near what a locker can do, but I have heard people say it definately helps the open diff keep traction when you have a tire in the air etc etc. ???????

Lemme know what you all think.
Old 08-22-2007, 12:27 PM
JK Freak

I love it, and have zero complaints about it. It has kept me safe a few times due to idiot drivers. It does not affect wheeling because it shuts itself off when in 4lo. I am glad I have it.
Old 08-22-2007, 12:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

I hate it on the street, ok on the trail.
Old 08-22-2007, 12:45 PM
JK Super Freak

I also hate it on the street. It goes off all the time when I'm taking off and on ramps and such.

I feel like I have less control of the vehicle when it turns on :/
Old 08-22-2007, 01:08 PM
JK Freak

The two times mine has kicked in, it felt like the JK was going to flip, and it corrected it. That is how severe my maneuvers were to get it engaged. Maybe you guys should consider having the sensitivity turned down. I was told by a Jeep engineer this could be done by the dealer. Just a thought.
Old 08-22-2007, 01:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

I haven't noticed it yet............guess I need to drive harder!
Old 08-22-2007, 01:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Esp

Mine is killing me on the road. Any kind of off camber tight curve, which are everywhere here, and it goes off. Really pisses me off. If I could turn it off I would..... Even permanently.
Old 08-22-2007, 01:28 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by jared1843
Mine is killing me on the road. Any kind of off camber tight curve, which are everywhere here, and it goes off. Really pisses me off. If I could turn it off I would..... Even permanently.
Same here. I really would turn it off if I could. I've resorted to driving like an old lady just so it won't kick in
Old 08-22-2007, 01:32 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by DeepSky
Same here. I really would turn it off if I could. I've resorted to driving like an old lady just so it won't kick in
Why not go to the dealer? Unless the engineer was lying to me, they adjust it...
Old 08-22-2007, 01:46 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't want it because you can't use a hub eliminator on the front (manual hubs) because of the speed sensors.

Quick Reply: Who likes the ESP?