Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Whistling

Old 11-08-2006, 11:58 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whistling

Hello everyone,

All in all, my JK is pretty quiet with the hard top on, but I have noticed a whistling form the passenger side roof. Looking at the frame of the windshield, I can see some of the seal between the two pieces of frame (not the top) has begun to squeeze out of the frame- just where I would expect the source of the whistling to be. Has anyone else had this problem and know how to repair it?
Old 11-08-2006, 02:59 PM
pik
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Put a small "It's a Jeep thing" sticker over the area.
That should fix it
Old 11-09-2006, 03:45 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MegaWalt
Hello everyone,

All in all, my JK is pretty quiet with the hard top on, but I have noticed a whistling form the passenger side roof. Looking at the frame of the windshield, I can see some of the seal between the two pieces of frame (not the top) has begun to squeeze out of the frame- just where I would expect the source of the whistling to be. Has anyone else had this problem and know how to repair it?
Yes, mine whistles also at about the same location, my wife just looks up & shakes her head &:rolleyes: We received the "Whistler Option" at no charge.
I'm going to try to track that on down.

I also have "Mouse Option" at no charge,...he's squeaking in around my Glove compartment. I'll find him tonight and chase him away.

Quick Reply: Whistling