Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

whistle sound at low speed

Old 01-17-2007, 06:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default whistle sound at low speed

driving with window down heard a whistle sound or sweeping sound like if sheet metal was riding on rotor ..I .chkd for all of that...does it with engine off coasting in neutral and all other times ..almost like belt sueak spray has that sticky rubber to metal sound....pretty strange....factory deer guard?? I can't tel whether its front or back....anybody else have it??? doesn't change pitch or volme and only goes away right before vehicle stops???
Old 01-18-2007, 03:42 AM
JK Newbie

Default Me Too

I have the same problem have already taken it in they lubed up the dry seals in front this did not wirk i have it there today again i think it has something to do with the rotors or calipers as there definitely sounds as if something is scratching the shit out of the discs.....also have a whistling noise coming our from under the hood at 2000 rpm's there's a tsb for this but not for the JK go figure I have it there today for this as well and i put the tsb in there with it to see if they'll do it....I'll let you know the outcome
Old 01-18-2007, 04:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

kewl...Yea I'm beginning to think it sounds more like rubber tire on polished concrete floor sound but constant...maybe the rubber boots on driveshaft
Old 01-21-2007, 12:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

anybody else have this???
Old 01-24-2007, 06:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

this stops at about 10 mph ..I'm wondering if it is the fan spinning from the air going thru the radiator? may have to experiment....
Old 01-25-2007, 05:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

ok its not the fan ...since it does it when backing up also....
Old 01-29-2007, 07:53 PM
JeeperTJ

I have this whistle, took it to the dealer, they replaced the t-tops with another set from a car in stock and added a couple screws that were 'missing.' It's much better but it still whistles at all speeds.

Ciao! Ted
Old 01-30-2007, 06:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have the whistling tune as well. It is definitely coming from the engine compartment. It happens when I get on the gas, no matter what speeds. As soon as I let off the gas, it stops. Seems to be getting worse or mabe I am just noticing it more. Unfreakinbelievable, another problem to add to the list.
Old 01-30-2007, 06:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CommanderJB
I have the whistling tune as well. It is definitely coming from the engine compartment. It happens when I get on the gas, no matter what speeds. As soon as I let off the gas, it stops. Seems to be getting worse or mabe I am just noticing it more. Unfreakinbelievable, another problem to add to the list.
you have a AEM Brute Force CAI right?your whistling probably from that.
Old 01-30-2007, 06:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tolh13
you have a AEM Brute Force CAI right?your whistling probably from that.
The whistling was there before the CAI install.

Quick Reply: whistle sound at low speed