Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Where do these cords go?

Old 06-07-2013, 01:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where do these cords go?

I just got my '07 JK and one of the previous owners apparently liked unplugging things. I was wondering if you guys could tell me what these cords were and where they go. Thanks

The Black & White cord seems to be something they added. Don't know what it would go to.

The tailgate cord, I took off the plastic grill and that was just pushed ina bundle behind it.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0281.jpg
Views:	240
Size:	47.1 KB
ID:	465711Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0283.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	24.7 KB
ID:	465712
Old 06-07-2013, 01:38 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The black and light looks like a cord they added to use the aux port for a phone or iPod. The tailgate should connect to your brake harness inside the tail light. Unscrew the two outer most screws I believe and the light should pop right off and you should see it
Old 06-07-2013, 01:40 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It will run back along the strap that's between the tailgate and the jeep, up the side, and into the hole in that top corner. Should be a rubber grommet there (possibly the one still on the plug)
Old 06-07-2013, 03:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I figured it out. Thanks though! There was a hole right behind the plug inside the gate that ran up to the third brake light. Previous owner had a cover over it, looks like he had removed the spare tire & holder. The spare holder was barely screwed in, with a couple bolts missing. Found them in the floors. While I was looking I noticed the bench seat wasn't screwed down, the bolts had been turned maybe once or twice just to hold them in. Glad I found it. He must've had the bench taken out. Tightened everything down & brake light works. Mission accomplished.

Quick Reply: Where do these cords go?