Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

what the mother effin eff

Old 02-17-2009, 03:06 AM
JK Jedi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by toad
Yep. They did that to mine as well...changed out the battery..re-flashed the computer...still don't know what it is until they can re-create it. Of course every time I took it to them, it f'ing started. I even had video but they needed it hooked up to their machines. I got tired of them not being able to do anything about it and me being w/o my jeep. So, I deal with it. Luckily it happens only on occasion.

Did you ever try pulling and re-inserting the M13 fuse to see if that works?
Old 02-17-2009, 03:33 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by pearl-drum-man
Did you ever try pulling and re-inserting the M13 fuse to see if that works?
thats what ill do when im on the trail but we shouldnt have to be pulling fuses on a 2008. this needs to be fixed some how
Old 02-17-2009, 03:41 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by White Widow
thats what ill do when im on the trail but we shouldnt have to be pulling fuses on a 2008. this needs to be fixed some how

True, seems to have the dealers baffled though. Maybe the aftermarket will figure it out.
Old 02-17-2009, 05:50 PM
JK Super Freak

Default they have added fuel to the fire

today i get a call from my dealer asking me to pay for the service. i said no way! they said well our computer shows a full warranty suspension. i will need to call chrysler and ask why. i contact the indian ladys at chrysler and they have my warranty voided because the oversized tires. well duh i understand if my axles are voided but what does that have to do with the computers or electrical system? the little indian lady was baffled . i call my service manager and ask him why he voided my entire warranty over a previously broken axel shaft. i said it wasnt him. i contact chrysler again and speak with a MANAGER i asked him whats the deal what do the tires have to do with the computer he said he didnt know. he contacted my service manager and finally came to the actualization that the effed up. they put in a request to uplift the voided warranty but they dont know how long it will take . so the dealership wont work on the jeep till it is completely resolved.
Old 02-17-2009, 06:01 PM
JK Super Freak

okay white widow i know toad said to rock it and toad this worked for me and it hasnt happened since.

White widow try taking out the starter fuse for 30 seconds and then put it back in and it should start up. If these dont work then you have an entirely different problem....

EDIT***** OH SNAP i just read through the entire thread and see my second idea was shot down. It sucks that they have no cure for this yet.
Old 02-17-2009, 10:25 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Warlock13
okay white widow i know toad said to rock it and toad this worked for me and it hasnt happened since.

White widow try taking out the starter fuse for 30 seconds and then put it back in and it should start up. If these dont work then you have an entirely different problem....

EDIT***** OH SNAP i just read through the entire thread and see my second idea was shot down. It sucks that they have no cure for this yet.
i will try this if it happens again but my jeep is sitting at the dealership for now.
Old 02-19-2009, 08:26 PM
JK Super Freak

well the white widow is home (for now). makes me nervous to know that others are having this problem and have not come to a certain reason why this is happening. hope it never happens again.

Quick Reply: what the mother effin eff