Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

what if I don't even HAVE ONE

Old 06-13-2024, 12:50 PM
JK Newbie

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default what if I don't even HAVE ONE

2011 JKU Sahara so what do I do if I do not even have the bolt or even a hole indicating that there ever was a bolt there. There is NO matt in the tray and the tray has a divider running left to right where the bolt should be and even a divided smaller section that is about 1 1/2 " wide closer to the windscreen. I can not find ANY pictures or information about this and I do not want to start ripping out the dash and possibly breaking those annoying little clips that might prove impossible to replace/fix. Is this a molded part of the whole dash ? does this part come out with the radio covering ? Nay ideas on where to look or answers would be appreciated as this is bugging me for a very long time , thanks

Old 06-13-2024, 01:40 PM
Super Moderator
Veteran: National Guard

Received 408 Likes on 383 Posts

What you describe as the current tray is an aftermarket tray PO installed.. IMO I would not be concerned about the missing bolt. Check out similar; usually with a phone holder mount, on multiple catalogue Jeep accessory sellers
Old 06-13-2024, 02:58 PM
JK Newbie

thanks. Do you think it is a separate piece that I can just pop out or was the whole dash piece changed ? I see no mileage in changing the dash as everything seems standard EXCEPT for this one tray. I want to get in there to replace the entire antenna cable as the outside mounting simply disintegrated
Old 06-13-2024, 08:55 PM
JK Newbie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Can you post a pic of what your dash looks like? If it’s aftermarket it might help identify the part and maybe locate install instructions for it that will help.
Old 06-14-2024, 07:33 AM
JK Newbie

WELL this is slightly embarrassing. When I went to clean it up a bit to get a good picture, I got suspicious and yanked on the separator running side to side. Turns out that my "mat" has been replaced with the insert that looks like it is molded part of the dash. IT IS NOT. My little hole is right where it should be ! of course the bolt is missing but I can live with that. So now I can proceed with the daunting task of replacing the radio antenna cable and exterior antenna mount which is where this saga started.
The only remaining question is how much will it cost me to fix my attempts at a simple cable replacement ? That stupid little antenna mount cover on the outside cost over $60 !
Thanks guys, no doubt I will be back with more foolish questions, I just hope they are all so easily solved !
The following users liked this post:
Jay2013jk (06-14-2024)

Quick Reply: what if I don't even HAVE ONE