Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

what to expect in the 2016 wranglers

Old 02-07-2015, 08:09 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what to expect in the 2016 wranglers

anyone have any ideas on this? I can't seem to sell mine so it looks like I'll drive this ol friend another year then trade it in. I HATE that trade in crap
but i may have no choice.

so Jeep if you are reading this here are some simple ideas for 2106 Add dark saddle leather color option to the hard rock packages,
go back to 410 in all rubicon, change the tires to a slightly bigger 285, 70-75 17 on the rubicons . and add more manuals tot he mix. then call me.
Old 02-07-2015, 08:11 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by rj'sjeep
anyone have any ideas on this? I can't seem to sell mine so it looks like I'll drive this ol friend another year then trade it in. I HATE that trade in crap but i may have no choice. so Jeep if you are reading this here are some simple ideas for 2106 Add dark saddle leather color option to the hard rock packages, go back to 410 in all rubicon, change the tires to a slightly bigger 285, 70-75 17 on the rubicons . and add more manuals tot he mix. then call me.
All that by 2106. They should be able to do that
Old 02-07-2015, 08:49 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

for most of that stuff you can solve it by ordering your Jeep..

the dealers will special order one for you.
2 of mine have been that way so i could get a manual with lots of options, this way you can get the manual and 410s without having to search the lots forever. as for the tires, i dont think you can change that, other than just getting your own tires..

-Christopher
Old 02-07-2015, 10:08 AM
JK Freak

Default That would be great

but Ihave to sell mine first and that is not going very good. I have thought about that .
Old 02-07-2015, 11:31 AM
JK Super Freak

used wranglers are a hard sell unless you can find an enthusiast, big issue being everyone automatically thinks every jeeo has been wheeled to crazy and back even if its never even seen a gravel road...

then financing on used cars is typically at a much higher interest rate than new.. couple that with really decent trade-in values on wranglers.. and you end up with someone that can have a paymeny on a new Jeep within $20 or $30 of a used one.. so they buy new to have warranty and all..

I know thats how it goes with me.. I trade mine every couple years and dont ever take a bath on trade-in and I have a brand new jeep all the time..

-Christopher
Old 02-07-2015, 11:00 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rj'sjeep
but Ihave to sell mine first and that is not going very good. I have thought about that .
I'm in the same boat as you.
Old 02-08-2015, 05:21 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There is a glimmer of a Silver Lining in trading in your JK, you can order what you want, you know costs up front, your trade value is increased by the Sales Tax that you don't pay. If your sales tax is 8%, trade is worth $20,000, that's an extra $1,600 for your trade. People generally prefer to buy from a dealer, because they usually have a trade, Dealer arranges financing, and will warrantee the vehicle. Trade in values are high for decent Wranglers, works in your favor too.
Old 02-08-2015, 06:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JeepaRoo
used wranglers are a hard sell unless you can find an enthusiast, big issue being everyone automatically thinks every jeeo has been wheeled to crazy and back even if its never even seen a gravel road... then financing on used cars is typically at a much higher interest rate than new.. couple that with really decent trade-in values on wranglers.. and you end up with someone that can have a paymeny on a new Jeep within $20 or $30 of a used one.. so they buy new to have warranty and all.. I know thats how it goes with me.. I trade mine every couple years and dont ever take a bath on trade-in and I have a brand new jeep all the time.. -Christopher
I have to slightly disagree with you logic. Used jeeps are not hard to sell. If they were, they would not hold their value so well... Simple supply and demand What you usually see is that guys simply want almost original price and full value of mods. They are unrealistic. Dealers don't pay close to this, but if they take the time, they could get more from private party.

That said, since there is a relatively small price difference, I buy new because I am an enthusiast, and I know that a lot of people jack up their mods
Old 02-08-2015, 07:34 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by WHT_JKUR
I have to slightly disagree with you logic. Used jeeps are not hard to sell. If they were, they would not hold their value so well... Simple supply and demand What you usually see is that guys simply want almost original price and full value of mods. They are unrealistic. Dealers don't pay close to this, but if they take the time, they could get more from private party.

That said, since there is a relatively small price difference, I buy new because I am an enthusiast, and I know that a lot of people jack up their mods
there's a piece often left out.. my point is used wranglers are a hard PRIVATE owner sell.. (unless they have popular mods that people want and dont have to then install)..

Used wranglers bring High trade values because Dealers have a good supply of buyers.. Banks Like to Loan money to Marginal credit customers on wranglers because the Repo rate on them is Low.. Marginal credit customers often cant qualify for brand new vehicles but can for late model vehicles..

Wranglers have a high appeal rate among Young people just starting out, who may have limited or no credit history.. so they choose a couple-year old wrangler..

this keeps DEALER resale high because DEALERS have more pull with the banks to get Limited / No credit buyers pushed through finance than an individual does just walking into the local bank branch for a loan..
-Christopher
Old 02-08-2015, 08:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JeepaRoo
there's a piece often left out.. my point is used wranglers are a hard PRIVATE owner sell.. (unless they have popular mods that people want and dont have to then install).. Used wranglers bring High trade values because Dealers have a good supply of buyers.. Banks Like to Loan money to Marginal credit customers on wranglers because the Repo rate on them is Low.. Marginal credit customers often cant qualify for brand new vehicles but can for late model vehicles.. Wranglers have a high appeal rate among Young people just starting out, who may have limited or no credit history.. so they choose a couple-year old wrangler.. this keeps DEALER resale high because DEALERS have more pull with the banks to get Limited / No credit buyers pushed through finance than an individual does just walking into the local bank branch for a loan.. -Christopher
Agree that dealers do provide financing on used vehicles which does appeal to customers (especially ones that have trouble getting financing). But they are going to give the lowest on the trade-in as possible and then turn and sell it as high as possible, in addition to selling the paper on the loan. That's how they make money. Private party transactions can split the difference by finding customers who have good credit and can get their own financing or better yet have cash. Agree it is harder to find, but not impossible.

That said while you will get less, Trading-in to dealer is just plan easier especially if you don't own the car out right and/or have the time to list and show.

Quick Reply: what to expect in the 2016 wranglers