Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

What did I break

Old 06-30-2012, 05:15 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What did I break

Hi,

After a recent offroad trip I noticed something hanging off the front sway bar.
It seems to be connected to the stock sway bar disconnect and used to be welded to the passenger side bushing of the sway bar.

Here's what I'm talking about. Red used to be welded to green. Sorry for the dirt btw.

What does this piece do and does anybody know what a replacement would cost or if it's even available as a single spare part.
Otherwise I'll just weld it back into place.
Old 06-30-2012, 05:22 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That looks like the electronic disconnect. And also that part of it looks cast, not welded.

Sometimes those will be for sale cheap, but even then, its few and far between. New they are like a thousand bucks, yikes.
Old 06-30-2012, 05:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Supports your anit-sway bar disconnect module. It wont fall off but u should just bring it to a muffler shop or someone capable of welding and reattach it. The bushing that has the loose piece of metal there is likely a little dampener of some kind while also adding a little support to the module assm
Old 06-30-2012, 01:53 PM
JK Freak

Power steering pump, diff cover and splicer for my rear drive shaft.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20120630_145139.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	46.4 KB
ID:	335562
Old 07-03-2012, 08:05 AM
JK Newbie

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by mechano
Supports your anit-sway bar disconnect module. It wont fall off but u should just bring it to a muffler shop or someone capable of welding and reattach it. The bushing that has the loose piece of metal there is likely a little dampener of some kind while also adding a little support to the module assm
I took it off today and welded it back together. It came off like a charme and wasn't as much of a PITA to put back in than I thought it to be.
Now it's all back together like it should be.

Quick Reply: What did I break