Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

What Brand Rotor?

Old 08-30-2015, 02:12 PM
Super Moderator

Received 78 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Eandras
Only problem I see is that they are from China.. The quality my be suspect. Ed
I noticed that after I purchased them. I really try and buy USA but they got me on this one.
Old 08-30-2015, 02:33 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by jeepmojo
good enough price and works fine ! only thing is i saw the drum rotors surface rust within a week . orange .. hit it with rustolium @ rotations i suppose . im telling you jeep must have shares in spray can companys . Lets face it , you need cases after cases of spray cans during ownership of a jeep . somthing no other vehicle ive ever owned needed so often . The fact is they are rust pigs . worst rust issues ive ever seen on any vehicle . But i believe its China the metal USA is using , has rust in every thing to start with,cheap metal or somthing . ive never seen anything turn so rusty so fast in my life . Can you say GARRRBAGE maybe i should just buy a rusty brown color paint for underside so it all blends well
I've never had such a rust car before and it doesn't help that I live at the beach and do a lot of beach driving. Take a look at the rotors I pulled off. Lol
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2295610446.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	476.6 KB
ID:	623232  
Old 08-30-2015, 04:07 PM
JK Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default my factory ones were way worse

lol and mines a 2012 . but we have heavy salt calcium in winter , my pads wernt even hitting the surface cuz of the rust formation and pitting

all working ok now though with new stuff but i never replaced rear brakes on a vehicle at 20,000 mile before either lol seems to me things are a little different with a jeep . rather than trucks anyway, oh well we do what we have to i guess . I still like my jeep even though its not the quality i expected up front. But I still wouldnt trade it in . now that most things seem to be going well on it now . (knock on wood) battery replacement before winter is next . its almost 4 years old this november and battery has never failed or even started slow. but cant afford to find out the hard way.

you can see the winter salt is bad in photos lol and no that gusset wasnt welded in pic just wanted to see what direction it went
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2161 (2).jpg
Views:	89
Size:	108.0 KB
ID:	623240   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0733 (3).jpg
Views:	92
Size:	104.1 KB
ID:	623241  

Last edited by jeepmojo; 08-30-2015 at 04:27 PM.
Old 09-03-2015, 08:48 PM
Super Moderator

Just do the battery now. I went through 2 mopar batteries. 1 of which was still under 3 year 36k. You are gonna need a new one for sure they are shit quality.
Old 09-04-2015, 09:23 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have you considered the 'big brake' upgrade?

mopar performance brakes for jeep - verified - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Old 09-06-2015, 04:36 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just installed the Power Stop extreme Z36 brake kit , well see how they do. Heard good things about them.
Price wasn't bad either...
Old 09-07-2015, 12:35 PM
Super Moderator

I was definitely thinking about a bigger brake kit but wanted to save some money for some other essential repairs that my JK needed.

I don't really have much problems with the brakes. I'm only running 33's.

Quick Reply: What Brand Rotor?