Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

What brand of break pads?

Old 10-09-2021, 10:51 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What brand of break pads?

What does everyone think about EBC Breaks ED91799 break pads? They look like they may be very durable.
I need rear break pads for my ‘07 two door sport. I was looking for a metallic pad but only found ceramic/metallic. I don’t know if semi metallics have the same benefits as metallic pads.
Old 10-10-2021, 12:57 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Cheaper Jeeper
What does everyone think about EBC Breaks ED91799 break pads? They look like they may be very durable.
I need rear break pads for my ‘07 two door sport. I was looking for a metallic pad but only found ceramic/metallic. I don’t know if semi metallics have the same benefits as metallic pads.
I don't have experience with those, but I'm running Wagoner OE-X pads all around for 40k and they are going strong. They also produce little to no brake dust on the wheels and are very quiet. They also stop very well. I'm not sure if they are metallic or ceramic/metallic.
Old 10-12-2021, 06:48 AM
Super Moderator

Received 479 Likes on 430 Posts

I run generic AutoValue ceramic pads on mine and the stopping power was heaps better than stock. Also I will say that the 16 Chev V8 I have has an oil lubed engine driven vacuum pump which never runs out of vacuum even under heavy braking pushing the pedal a few times. But those pads just do not fade - one word though is the discs get eaten up quicker. Almost no brake dust as well with these pads.

Quick Reply: What brand of break pads?