Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Wet, back floorboard

Old 10-09-2009, 04:18 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wet, back floorboard

It's rained here this afternoon/evening. I've run the A/C on the 40 minute drive home also. On putting something in the back seat I noticed the back floorboard/mat was completely wet on the driver's side. I didn't see any water on the inside of the door or window. What are the probabilities of it being the top? Or the A/C? Or the plug underneath?
Old 10-09-2009, 05:39 PM
JK Super Freak

leaky hardtop, people been having issues with that
Old 10-09-2009, 05:51 PM
JK Newbie

Crap. I'm sorry. I forgot to say I've got a soft top.
Old 10-10-2009, 07:01 AM
JK Newbie

The drain plug wasn't wet (carpet was still pretty damp), but it didn't seem uber tight either. So I'm not sure.
Old 10-10-2009, 07:17 AM
JK Jedi

Check the seal above the door; if your soft top was not put back right you may have enough of a gap for water to seep in . I've had that happen to mine in the past - only does it when it rains real hard though.
Old 10-10-2009, 07:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

i have an 08 2door and i had water coming in on my sound bar the seam on my soft top was to blame....so i got it replaced free of charge under warranty now the rear gate and windows dont fit right getting ready to have them replace it again. but the water could of rolled off the sound bar mine was hitting the front passenger seat. if your engine was facing up hill i could see it getting the back wet.... best of luck

Quick Reply: Wet, back floorboard