Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Well THATs Bizarre...

Old 04-04-2009, 04:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GreenTJ_2_BlackJK
I went out to grab something from the Jeep, and when I hit "unlock" on the fob, the horn honked once. I think that signifies the alarm has been triggered? It is extremely windy out, so that might have happened, maybe...

The BIZARRE thing was that as I approached the car, I could hear music playing-- MY music. Somehow, the stereo had powered itself on when I hit unlock on the fob!!!

When I hit unlock a second time the stereo and interior lights both shut off, then I entered the car. But that was definitely wierd. Any thoughts?
same thing happened to me once before. Wish I could do it on purpose.
Old 04-04-2009, 06:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default It happened to me today for the first time

The same thing actually happend to me today for the first time. I think I hit unlock. Then, the sterereo went off. It played CD, which I was listening when I parked.

I might have acutally hit something before I hit unlock. I don't know. It was wierd, but I am not too worried, though.
Old 04-05-2009, 05:49 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Last week I had the horn beep once when I hit the unlock.

I'm surprised to hear that so many have had this happen too. I thought it was just a fluke...
Old 04-05-2009, 06:17 AM
JK Freak

my door chime and dome light turn on at random while driving sometimes!.

Drives me nuts
Old 04-05-2009, 09:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Like you say in the OP, I think the horn honk signals that your alarm was triggered.

Mine did the radio thing once before too. Unlocked it, opened the back gate and the radio was on. Never happened again....so far!
Old 04-06-2009, 06:28 AM
JK Super Freak

Just yesterday, parked the JK for about 3mins and locked it with the remote. Came back, hit unlock and the horn honked. No big, done it before, only this time, the windshield sprayer, misted my windshield!!
Old 04-06-2009, 11:03 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Old 04-06-2009, 11:34 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by GreenTJ_2_BlackJK
I went out to grab something from the Jeep, and when I hit "unlock" on the fob, the horn honked once. I think that signifies the alarm has been triggered? It is extremely windy out, so that might have happened, maybe...

The BIZARRE thing was that as I approached the car, I could hear music playing-- MY music. Somehow, the stereo had powered itself on when I hit unlock on the fob!!!

When I hit unlock a second time the stereo and interior lights both shut off, then I entered the car. But that was definitely wierd. Any thoughts?
"Good Morning Dave..."
Old 04-06-2009, 01:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

I think to fix it you need an old priest and a young priest.
Old 04-06-2009, 02:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

I locked mine the other day and was going in to work when the headlights turned on, I know I hit the lock button. I'm pretty sure it was a Jeep gremlin. Hasn't done anything strange since so I'm not loosing sleep.

Quick Reply: Well THATs Bizarre...