Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Well THATs Bizarre...

Old 04-03-2009, 06:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Well THATs Bizarre...

I went out to grab something from the Jeep, and when I hit "unlock" on the fob, the horn honked once. I think that signifies the alarm has been triggered? It is extremely windy out, so that might have happened, maybe...

The BIZARRE thing was that as I approached the car, I could hear music playing-- MY music. Somehow, the stereo had powered itself on when I hit unlock on the fob!!!

When I hit unlock a second time the stereo and interior lights both shut off, then I entered the car. But that was definitely wierd. Any thoughts?
Old 04-03-2009, 06:47 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Every so often these come with an extra little accessory. Who ya gonna call?

There is a thread around somewhere on how to do an exorcism on them. As I remember it calls for a lot of whiskey.

Last edited by seer1; 04-03-2009 at 06:49 PM.
Old 04-03-2009, 07:30 PM
JK Super Freak

Awe.....I've been meaning to ask about this! I have the horn honk every so often whenever I press the unlock too. I can't say I've ever had the radio playing though.........ya ever see the movie, Christine???????
Old 04-03-2009, 07:55 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by GreenTJ_2_BlackJK
I went out to grab something from the Jeep, and when I hit "unlock" on the fob, the horn honked once. I think that signifies the alarm has been triggered? It is extremely windy out, so that might have happened, maybe...

The BIZARRE thing was that as I approached the car, I could hear music playing-- MY music. Somehow, the stereo had powered itself on when I hit unlock on the fob!!!

When I hit unlock a second time the stereo and interior lights both shut off, then I entered the car. But that was definitely wierd. Any thoughts?
The power of Christ compels you
Old 04-03-2009, 08:09 PM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

A Jeep is NOT a car, dammit all.
Old 04-03-2009, 08:12 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RedneckJeep
A Jeep is NOT a car, dammit all.
Yeah damnit to hell

Hey Red did you see the guy wanting 22's yet?
Old 04-03-2009, 08:14 PM
JK Freak

you just killed a perfectly good cat man....it's a JEEP....but mine honks everyonce and a while when i hit unlock but its never turned the radio on too weird
Old 04-04-2009, 04:49 AM
JK Super Freak

Do you have the remote start? I know on mine I have to hit it twice, maybe the first one turns on the accesories? Just a stab in the dark. Maybe you hit the wrong button.
Old 04-04-2009, 06:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 08UnlimitedSahara810
Do you have the remote start? I know on mine I have to hit it twice, maybe the first one turns on the accesories? Just a stab in the dark. Maybe you hit the wrong button.
Nope, no remote start.

I've had this jeep about a year, and this is the only time this has ever happened...
Old 04-04-2009, 08:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

I hava had this same thing happen as well, and it only happened once. What was really strange is when the radio came on it was on a station I dont even listen too This was several months ago and has not happened since. I guess the ECU just had a brain fart or something

Quick Reply: Well THATs Bizarre...