Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Weird....

Old 02-04-2009, 04:44 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Weird....

Went out in the morning and it was -14C, about 6 degrees F. Went to start the Jeep but it just cranked over for about 5 seconds and didn't even make an attempt a firing up. I removed the key from the ignition and tried it again and it fired right up. Then I noticed that my radion was on a AM station and when I parked it the night before I was listening to a CD. So I pushed the CD button and and it started on the first track right at the beginning of the song, so it makes me think that it somehow lost power, even momentarily overnight. Didn't axt up again for the rest of the day. Maybe it's just one of the CAN BUs gremlins. Hope they don't continue. Anybody else have weird problems like that?
Old 02-04-2009, 05:07 PM
JK Super Freak

It must have caught Wayne's Gay for a minute!!
Old 02-04-2009, 05:32 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Clean and tighten your battery posts then smear Vaseline on them.
Old 02-04-2009, 05:44 PM
JK Freak

I see that you have a '07 but let your vehicle sit overnight then in the morning pull the battery and get it tested.

Last edited by mikesjk; 02-04-2009 at 05:58 PM.
Old 02-04-2009, 05:55 PM
JK Freak

It didn't seem like a dead battery problem cause it cranked over just fine. Cleaning and tightening the terminals is a good idea, I'll have to remember to do that. It's going to the dearler on Friday for a leak at the front of the engine. If the starting thing happens between now and then, then I'll mention it to them. I hope not though, cause I have 72000kms and now I'd have to pay to have that fixed. Warranty over.
Old 02-05-2009, 04:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

When I first got my 07 I had an issue where it would just crank and not catch. There was either a recall or a TSB about a sensor that had to be replaced.

Do you have problems other times with the Jeep not starting right away? Maybe you have a battery on its way out and the sensor issue and while you were cranking the voltage got low enough to cause everything to reset to defaults.
Old 02-05-2009, 02:06 PM
JK Freak

that recall was for late run 07 model year. It was for camshaft sensor improperly installed. tsb can be found on the main site here project-jk.com Symptom is random long crank time. Mine would crank indefinitely Have the dealer check for TSB's on your vin
Old 02-05-2009, 03:52 PM
JK Freak

ya I know which TSB you guys are talking about. I already had the cam sensor replaced. That was a bit of a different symptom. This was the first time this one has happenned and hasn't done it since. Hopefully it's just a freak thing.
Old 02-05-2009, 04:13 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by scbesse
It must have caught Wayne's Gay for a minute!!
send me some more info on the 09' JK Jam. Me and a few friends from Windsor are looking for an event to go to this year!!

Quick Reply: Weird....