Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Weathered my first top down storm today!

Old 07-12-2010, 01:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Weathered my first top down storm today!

Well it was bound to happen down here in South Carolina. The storms seem to pop up late afternoons on hot summer days. Well one "caught" me today! Luckily I had only about 4 miles to get home but my whole interior is drenched! When this storm passes does anyone have any tips or special things to do or do I just go at it with a wet vac and towels and get it the best I can? Thanks everyone!
Old 07-12-2010, 01:35 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

can do that for the seats, but pull the carpets out and pull the drain plugs and run some fans on the carpets to get them to dry faster.
Old 07-13-2010, 09:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

Red face no biggy!

lol this just happened to me last week... terrible downpour during about a 4 mile drive... fortunately I had the top up (just no windows), unfortunately the window was blowing rain straight into the back of my jeep.

If you havent already, pull the carpets... feels better without them anyways... then pull plugs, a lot of standing water will escape. I tried to leave my windows down whenever possible then took the top down in the hot sun to evaporate whats left in the seats. Dont forget to pull the plug in your jack compartment and rear storage compartment.

my jeep smelled funky for a couple days but is 100% fine now...

good luck!
Old 07-13-2010, 10:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

don't waste You time with the fans. Just toss em in the dumpster. I got the rubber floor and its one of my favorite mods. I kept the carpet thinking I would put it back in someday. 2 years later and I forget what it looked like. When my floor gets muddy I just hose it out. If its just dirty or dusty I wipe it down with whatever I'm using for the dash and it looks great. No more shopvac for me!
Old 07-13-2010, 10:38 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Happened to me last week, in NC and similar storms to SC, thought my wipers were not contacting the windshield well - seemed not to be getting 'all' the rain off - DUH it was rain being vortex'ed over the windshield and sucking back on the inside.

I wet vac'ed the carpets, pulled the drain plugs and the next two days were clear and sunny - all is well now

Quick Reply: Weathered my first top down storm today!