Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Weak Lower Control Arm to Axle Bracket!!?? Warranty???

Old 09-16-2009, 07:17 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Weak Lower Control Arm to Axle Bracket!!?? Warranty???

As you can see i have a serious problem My big question is. Is this something warranty should cover it happened at some point while driving on road. not to mention i have 35's which probably absorbed more impact than factory tires would have anyway. i think it was caused by a pothole and i slowed down to at least 15-20 Before I hit it. thats the only thing i can think of that would have caused it. i didnt even know there was a problem until i got on the highway and jeep was pulling to the right. When i crawled under to look imagine my suprise. Anyway if this piece is this weak i cant imagine im the first to have this problem Any advice on warranty or how to get it fixed is appreciated. off roading didnt kill my jeep looks like the street did :(
Old 09-16-2009, 07:49 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

In the lower pic, that lower left corner looks a lot like impact/drag marks from rock crawling. Good luck, but I'd guess the service dude will say you were turning right and dropped down onto a rock...
Old 09-16-2009, 07:54 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Since you have a lift, tires, and what looks like marks from going off-road I would say that the dealership will not warranty this. You can fix this by straightening them as best as possible, and adding some skids like the ones EVO has to your lower control arm mounts.
Old 09-16-2009, 09:56 AM
JK Newbie

Ok haven't been to the dealer yet and I would be suprised if they take care of it. This did happen on the street would rather be able to say that I did it going thru some cool stuff. But anyway ok I found some weld on replacement brackets cheap. I figured I could get lower control arms that are adjustable and weld on those new brackets. Problem solved but this worries me that maybe the axle tubes are bent. What is a good way to check if it is still straight? The axle that is.
Old 09-16-2009, 11:21 AM
JK Super Freak

For that type of damage, it appears to be a huge pot hole. you might contact your city govt. and see if there is a claim form or something. I bet, you weren't the only one to receive damage.

Quick Reply: Weak Lower Control Arm to Axle Bracket!!?? Warranty???