Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Waxing the freedom top

Old 09-15-2010, 10:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've never noticed that the liquid ice attracts dust. It doesn't last as long as a paste wax,but there isn't anything that goes on easier and faster.
Old 09-15-2010, 12:56 PM
JK Freak

Meguiar's just released a new carwash that has wax mixed in it. Probably would be easier using that then trying to wax it by hand. Makes my paint look pretty good too.
Old 09-15-2010, 12:56 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the many replies. I will give it a whirl tonight. The reason I brought it up is that dew and light rain tend to cling to the top and not really run off of it into the drip rails. My CJ's hard top also faded the paint really bad from the sun and I just weanted to extend the life of it. I am a big fan of Carnuba based waxes and I primarily use Adam's Polishes products but I will stop at the parts place and see if they have any Blue Ice.
Old 09-15-2010, 06:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

ditto on the turtle wax ice

Quick Reply: Waxing the freedom top