Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Water Leaking in around Passenger Door

Old 02-27-2011, 12:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Water Leaking in around Passenger Door

I just spent over an hour pulling front and rear carpet and getting out over a gallon of water in the floor of my JK. I did find the passenger door sill out of track on the top and it looks like that is where the leaking is from. We are supposed to have more storms tonight so I should be able to tell if that didn't fix it. There is no carpet in it as its all hanging out in my kitchen with a fan on it drying.

Anyone else think of something else that could be causing it? Any other suggestions?

2010 Unlimited Sahara in Natural Green.
Old 02-27-2011, 12:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

I had a similar problem with a puddle on my passenger side. It was coming from the ac unit. When I drove and made a sort of hard turn I would be able to hear a swishing sound since there was so much water being held in there.
Old 02-27-2011, 12:49 PM
JK Newbie

Default passenger side water

Originally Posted by tcam93
I just spent over an hour pulling front and rear carpet and getting out over a gallon of water in the floor of my JK. I did find the passenger door sill out of track on the top and it looks like that is where the leaking is from. We are supposed to have more storms tonight so I should be able to tell if that didn't fix it. There is no carpet in it as its all hanging out in my kitchen with a fan on it drying.

Anyone else think of something else that could be causing it? Any other suggestions?

2010 Unlimited Sahara in Natural Green.
I had this same issue . Took it to the dealer , and they said my hard top wasn't draining properly . They put all new weather stripping in , and re-caulked the trim on the top . It has stopped my leak...except now when I take a left turn , and it is raining , I get a little coming in above the right passenger shoulder area . I just tuck a micro fiber rag in between the roll bar and door , and call it good . At least I don't have that puddle on my floor anymore !
Old 02-28-2011, 08:16 AM
JK Newbie

Right from day 1, I also had wet front pax and driver footwells. Under warrenty, the dealer replaced the door seals with thicker ones. No problem since...
Old 02-28-2011, 07:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

I had this. The channel over the windshield drains to sides. It got under the soft top and dripped in on the arm rest. Got everyone that rode with me wet. I installed after market soft top from a "banned" supplier and it ahs not leaked since. I did find the problem was from the widsheld channel coming out on the sides and under the top though if you want to look there.
Old 02-28-2011, 07:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

when I had an issue with my freedom tops actually retaining water the dealarship replaced my carpet under warranty.. something you may want to look into. i wouldnt mind having a spare carpeting set... one for daily use.. one for... collecting mud.

Quick Reply: Water Leaking in around Passenger Door