Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

water leak

Old 05-27-2014, 10:57 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default water leak

I have 08 jk that I noticed water leaking from above the transmission. Looked like a house popped off. Removed drive shaft to get it but looks like hose is fine no holes. But it does not attach to anything that I can feel. Does any body know what this hose goes to

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20140527_145633.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	45.4 KB
ID:	555924
Old 05-27-2014, 11:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's a drain line that comes from a small pan under the dash. The pan catches condensation from the A/C coil and drains it out through that line.
Old 05-27-2014, 11:37 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was pretty sure of that but it wad absolutely posing water earlier. It must have been stopped up and blew it out thanks
Old 05-29-2014, 12:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bsneed
I was pretty sure of that but it wad absolutely posing water earlier. It must have been stopped up and blew it out thanks
No Problem. Spiders and mud wasps tend to find that little drain on occasion and block it up. It's worth checking it, if you think about it, whenever you're under the Jeep. If you run the A/C or Windshield Defroster on really humid days quite a bit of water will drain from that tube, it's normal.

Quick Reply: water leak